Damp inside

Mars6394

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Has anybody been getting really bad condensation inside cabin? My carpets are all dry but the condensation is terrible front and rear of cabin all windows even internal centre mirror.I use air con everyday set between 18-22 and on speed 6.wondering if there is any sort drain holes etc or if anybody knows where these are to see if they are blocked causing condensation or if anybody has any ideas that may help

Has anybody been getting really bad condensation inside cabin? My carpets are all dry but the condensation is terrible front and rear of cabin all windows even internal centre mirror.I use air con everyday set between 18-22 and on speed 6.wondering if there is any sort drain holes etc or if anybody knows where these are to see if they are blocked causing condensation or if anybody has any ideas that may help
Check that you don’t have recirculated air selected

All cars have condensation. Try wiping your windows inside with a cloth and as craw says check your aircon settings

Check your roof lining round the windscreen, at least one member with a leak from a poorly fitted windscreen

All cars have condensation. Try wiping your windows inside with a cloth and as craw says check your aircon settings
Never had condensation like this in any car I have owned.wipe windows everyday with kitchen towel paper and it’s drenched where I can wrong it out I even have dehumidifying bags inside car.

As @Leni16 mentioned, check out MG4 Water ingress - soggy headliner just in case you have a similar issue (windscreen bonding poor from factory).

Never had condensation like this in any car I have owned.wipe windows everyday with kitchen towel paper and it’s drenched where I can wrong it out I even have dehumidifying bags inside car.
As has been intimated before, its almost certain you have it set at air auto or recirc, set it to external and condensation problem should disapate quickly

As has been intimated before, its almost certain you have it set at air auto or recirc, set it to external and condensation problem should disapate quickly
Unless this isn’t the problem and he has a leak. From his description that now sounds more likely.

Good that it has been identified, was definitely a leak the way you described your issue.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back