Dangerous unexpected braking!!

The trouble is that it is very hard to prove that it actually happened and the dealers may not find any faults. I hope that you get it sorted out.
A dash cam might capture the event, which would be proof.

Alisonwardbaptiste, did you have a dash cam running?

Hi just sat here in the garden enjoying a Bud and browsing through the forum, when I come across this thread about AEB and I’m thinking thank god my 5 SR has never had this fitted.

I have read here many time before about many different problems with MG pilot and AEB ACC LKA and whatever else as been fitted in the new cars and not just on MGs.

I hope there’s some way to disarm this lot for when I get my next EV as they all seem to be fitting this stuff to new models now, example the new MG4 no rear wiper no reversing camera no lights in the rear seats so passenger are snuggling to find seat belts slots and even worse trying to get small kids in the rear in the dark, ZS mk1&2 5SR and LR no rear Interior lighting, the new yet to come 5 has it now but not the 4 what are the designers doing I ask, I for one would much sooner have the rear wash wipe reversing camera and some lights in the back than all the other tech stuff above, just give me plain old Cruise control, plus wash and wipe to clean the rear widow so I can see what’s behind me clearly, and the rear camera to help with parking especially in a dark car park and they can keep the rest would also make the new cars a bit cheaper as well I would hope.
And before you all start screaming at me I know the 4 trophy spec has 360 cameras but for a lot of extra money.

Ok rant over time for another Bud but guys I wish you all good luck in getting this issue resolved as it appears to be quite common and could be even more dangerous than not having them at all.
Les

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom