Dash cam and CarPlay at the same time

cappers

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Received my car on Wednesday and love it. However struggling to work out how to have a dash cam and CarPlay working at the same time. I’m probably being stupid but can anyone help?

In my old zsev I connected each one to o e of the usb ports. However in the mg4 I only have one as the other is a usbc port and no good for these items.

Not sure I understand the question. Surely CarPlay is part of the infotainment system, whereas a Dash Cam isn’t…
In my zsev there were 2 ports at the front and I could use one for each. In the mg4 one of these is a usbc port which I can’t use for either of these

You can always plug an adapter into the 12v (cigarette) socket to gain some extra USB ports

Edit - I’m sure you can also get a usb-c to micro usb cable, which would allow you to plug the dashcam directly into the port

Also if you want to get fancy, I saw someone on another thread had found a connector in the roof, among the interior light wiring, that he'd drawn power from for his dashcam. It did need a voltage conversion.

Check out these threads:

You can always plug an adapter into the 12v (cigarette) socket to gain some extra USB ports

Edit - I’m sure you can also get a usb-c to micro usb cable, which would allow you to plug the dashcam directly into the port
If this is only to get power to the Dashcam then use the 12v round socket

same sort of issue with the 5 here's the way round it .https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0B4SXSC5T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back