Dash cam problems

Nick 828

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I am now on my second Dash Cam and have the same problem it turns itself off and doesn't record .I put my nextbase 522 front and rear cameras into my MG 4 powered by the cigar lighter socket .When this kept failing to record as it was turning itself off ,I bought a Ring camera set up but this does the same thing .Any ideas why this is happening??

I am now on my second Dash Cam and have the same problem it turns itself off and doesn't record .I put my nextbase 522 front and rear cameras into my MG 4 powered by the cigar lighter socket .When this kept failing to record as it was turning itself off ,I bought a Ring camera set up but this does the same thing .Any ideas why this is happening??
Is it turning itself off or is it losing contact in the cigarette socket. I used to have similar issues with a TomTom. I had 2 adapters from 12v to USB one would sit snug and stay in place the other wold work itself loose hence supplying no power to the unit and it turning off

Have you checked that it actually turned off and not recording? Mine turn the video off after a while to save battery but keep on recording.

There is power to the dash cam but it likes to turn off when I engage drive .it starts fine I exit the garage the camera is on but when I go to drive off it turns off.Also does the same on return it works then I get out unlock garage engage reverse and it turns off

Does your dash cam have a motion sensor? (It might be set to turn off the screen when in motion so as not to distract the driver).

I have a NextBase that turns the screen off after 30 seconds but continues to record which is proved by looking at the recordings on the SD card.

Yes the screen turns off but the red recording light should stay flashing to show it's recording the same as the nextbase recording light .But it just shuts down no light on at all.When it did this on the nextbase camera it showed the blue sold light but not the red flashing recording light .

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back