Dashboard illuminations during charging

MartinReid

Standard Member
Reaction score
Regular visitors will notice this is my 3rd query regarding my yet to be delivered MG5 EV LR. I thank everyone for their previous contributions which have proved very knowledgeable. For this enquiry consider the car parked off road on a drive up against the garage door with the charger locked inside the garage.

This question is about 'Dashboard illumination during charging'. I read in my PDF copy of the owner manual that there are various dash board indicators that light up when the car is plugged in 'Charging Connection Indicator - Red' and when charging 'Charging Status Indicator - Yellow' and Page 152 Charging information (message centre). I've read thought the charging section page 142 onwards and cannot find any mention of 'turning off' these dash board illuminations during or in advance of a scheduled charging session.

The question is... Is it possible to disable or 'turn off' all these dash board illuminations so that when I schedule a night-time (00:30 - 04:30) charging session the car stays in darkness and does not 'call attention to itself' by ‘lighting up’ in the middle of the night attracting the attention of late night revellers and dog walkers?

Or is it as I suspect going to result in a black towel over the dash board to keep the car in darkness?

Any help, information, hints and tips on this will be much appreciated..

Sincerely and in good faith
Martin

PS Argos do a nice range of black towels

It does switch off as stated but it will come back on (again temporarily) if an unlock button is pressed by anyone without the key being present.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom