Dashboard messages

dsimpkins

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
I've tried searching on here for an answer, but not been successful.

Is it possible to recall messages that pop up on the dash display, or maybe make them display for longer. Sometimes they appear and disappear so fast I don't have time to read them.

I am not definite on this. But I believe that Amber messages would not be stored. Whereas Red indications could well be saved in the engine control system fault code store.

I've tried searching on here for an answer, but not been successful.

Is it possible to recall messages that pop up on the dash display, or maybe make them display for longer. Sometimes they appear and disappear so fast I don't have time to read them.
Agree, they come and go so fast they are all too easy to miss. A solution should be to have to manually hit the right joystick button to 'OK' the message before it vanishes into thin air.

It's certainly an issue. I'm watching the road, not the driver's screen. I may notice in my peripheral vision that something has flashed up, but by the time I look at the screen it's gone. I probably miss some messages entirely.

Yeah, it's annoying when you don't notice the message but there's a yellow triangle showing meaning something's not working.

I’ve assumed (maybe incorrectly) that when a message appears for a very short time, that the error was either transitory or a false detection that was not present on the next scan of the system. So if the message doesn’t remain on screen, there’s nothing to worry about.

I’ve assumed (maybe incorrectly) that when a message appears for a very short time, that the error was either transitory or a false detection that was not present on the next scan of the system. So if the message doesn’t remain on screen, there’s nothing to worry about.
What is assumption the mother of all ... ? :ROFLMAO:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel