Days Inn Hotel EV Charging, Clackets Lane, Sevenoaks.

bwanamdevu

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
We have to make a journey to the Sevenoaks area soon and will need to stay overnight. Will obviously need a charge as it’s about 165 miles for us both ways. Thinking of staying at the Days Inn on Clackets Lane, just off the M25, as all their hotels are all equipped with charging stations, in fact, that hotel has 6 CCS chargers! They cost just 30p per kWh as well.

Here is an extract from their advertising,

“In 2021, we upgraded all of our chargers to GRIDSERVE 50kW chargers with contactless payment. Our EV charging is available for 30p/kWh.”

Any member used the hotel and could comment?

We live locally and occasionally have to stop at Clacket Lane for a quick top up when short on a journey.

While technically correct, the information is a bit misleading. The old Ecotricity chargers have been upgraded, there are 6 CCS connectors but these are split across the two sides of the motorway, so only three on the side with the hotel - and as these are dual head machines, there are actually only two machines (so only 2 cars can charge at a time currently). There is also type 2 charging.

The good news is, we normally find that the charging at Clacket Lane is available when we go unlike some of the busier services - I don't think we've ever had to wait and if you're staying over you should be fine!

The Gridserve cost is now 39p per kwh, but that's still pretty good given the context of energy prices!

Hope that helps!

We live locally and occasionally have to stop at Clacket Lane for a quick top up when short on a journey.

While technically correct, the information is a bit misleading. The old Ecotricity chargers have been upgraded, there are 6 CCS connectors but these are split across the two sides of the motorway, so only three on the side with the hotel - and as these are dual head machines, there are actually only two machines (so only 2 cars can charge at a time currently). There is also type 2 charging.

The good news is, we normally find that the charging at Clacket Lane is available when we go unlike some of the busier services - I don't think we've ever had to wait and if you're staying over you should be fine!

The Gridserve cost is now 39p per kwh, but that's still pretty good given the context of energy prices!

Hope that helps!
Many thanks for this mate! I will post a progress report after the trip.

I stay in lots of Days inn’s. be aware they don’t have any breakfast bars and Clackets is very very very expensive

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom