Dead MGHS in Italy

I tried to do the HVAC thing and now it's in neutral and rolling and won't stop moving without my foot on the brake.
This is insanity. It is in N and will roll. I've chalked the wheels and it's stable, I think but it's literally in neutral and worn respjx to anything. Ev battery is fully charged. 12 v is still not charged. I'm onnthe phone with rental agency but in Italy nothing happens on Sundays. I really don't know what to do.

Finally roadside assistance showed up at 0140. Tried a booster pack, no luck. Backed flatbed down to vehicle (that was fun in Italy, lol) and boosted with cables. Car started up no problem. Then I took it for a solid 40 min drive. Shut if off and it still says low battery voltage and don't let it sit for longer than 3 days. EV battery is at 75% but I left the car in a better place to be towed if required but it has no power outlet. I'll bring it back down tomorrow to get it charging again.

I have zero trust in this car. During all this the transmission unlock button in shifter has popped out. As soon as I can I'll be swapping it out for literally anything. This is NOT a rental fleet vehicle. To be frank, there are other issues as well albeit not as blatant. We don't get new MGs in Canada, so I really won't ever see one again, and that is too soon. For those with a good one or at least one you can keep charged, that's great. I don't reccomend you get one if you live in Rapello, Italy. Lmao.

I will say it does drive nice. I was riding it like I stole here in the hilly terrain and switchbacks but that is very likely the only nice thing I can say about my POS rental.

Am sorry you find the car a problem, but you have not had a good handover also may have been with other people as well. By the sound of it the 12v battery needs to be replace as may not been used much and sits around long time between hires. I have been driving my car two years and I do like it very much but now looking to change up to a full EV car MG. I know most problem with MG EV but you only hear about the problem on hear and not about the thousands of cars that are driving around with no problems. Find me a car make that work 100% all the time.

if you need any more just ask.

Am sorry you find the car a problem, but you have not had a good handover also may have been with other people as well. By the sound of it the 12v battery needs to be replace as may not been used much and sits around long time between hires. I have been driving my car two years and I do like it very much but now looking to change up to a full EV car MG. I know most problem with MG EV but you only hear about the problem on hear and not about the thousands of cars that are driving around with no problems. Find me a car make that work 100% all the time.

if you need any more just ask.
I apologize, I was a little ugly last night, tired, covered in mosquito bites and sweating like a murder suspect, lol.
It really comes down to Europcar shouldn't be renting a PHEV That required to be plugged in often. I picked the car up with 0% charge and driving from Germany to Italy may have put it to 20% which was lost as soon as I hit the hills in Italy.
I'm a Jeep owner in Canada. Trust me, I know all about people complaining about vehicles in online forums. Lol.

I really appreciated you taking the time to help me out. I'm glad you don't have a lemon. Thank you very much.

As an aside, I just went and started it and no longer get the low 12v battery 3 days warning. It will be plugged in daily until I drive it back to Germany. Then Europecar will be getting an interesting tale when I turn it back in.

So, good news. Lol. Used the car, no problems yesterday. Got back to AirBnB, plugged it in. Vehicle was off. HVAV was off. UsB unplugged. She's dead again. Called Europecar and told them I will not be driving this POS again and to sort it out. Literally, our Italain vacation ruined because of this.

Sigh.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom