Deal of the day

Hobbyist

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG

£38,999

I understand the need to make money but wouldn't listing a car like this p*ss in the face of the customers who bought a car and got stuck in the waiting list?

If down to the right price yes it will go quickly 😃

I just rang to query and no it isn't a typo. He said its the only one they have and they think some people will pay over the odds to get one as demand is high, I said 10k more, I think you'll struggle to sell that. Unbelievable.
They're listing two at this price! I like my MG5, but surely no one will pay £39k for one when the IONIQ 5 and EV6 are in that price range

1649331790098.png

They're listing two at this price! I like my MG5, but surely no one will pay £39k for one when the IONIQ 5 and EV6 are in that price range

View attachment 7823
They forgot to add £545 for the silver metallic car. Should have been £39,544. Poor dealer will go to bed hungry. Quick someone snap it up before they realise!

Hi all
Just had a look at these cars on the link
You fail to realise that it is free delivery so the delivery truck must use about a gallon of diesel every five meters 😂😂😂
I mean diesel is very expensive these days😂😂😂😂
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Agreed awbugritt and I think if someone let the local paper know 😉 they would have red faces 😃

To be fair, excessive mark-up on hard-to-get desirable vehicles is nothing new. People used to sell their place in the queue for a decent profit back in the 90s.

Hi all
Just had a look at how much these cars would be if you part exchanged them today
WOW talk about depreciation
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
C279B528-F8C8-4D89-8B32-2FB97F786F8A.jpeg

I just rang to query and no it isn't a typo. He said its the only one they have and they think some people will pay over the odds to get one as demand is high, I said 10k more, I think you'll struggle to sell that. Unbelievable.
Just to add on to this.
I'm test driving different EVs atm. Just got a quotation for a KIA EV6 GT Line €66500.
€12k markup! Just crazy! And sad.
I cancelled my deposit for an MG5 LR to wait for the face-lift 2022 model few days ago. 🤦

If those cars sell for the prices marked, I will certainly consider selling my 5, with 3000 miles, for late £20's, there must be more mugs out there.
Maybe this will be the first time I will have made a profit on a car!

I spoke this garage after seeing the ad for the new ZS EV they said was in stock. The price they had it listed for was the Uber discount and there were none in stock once I called. When I explained their ad was deceptive they refused to agree it was. I presume to get people through the door so they can sell the overpriced cars they do have. After speaking to them on the phone I tried other dealers.

Unfortunately, it's very common practice for retailers to advertise stock they don't have just to elicit customer contact :(
Click bate - pure and simple.
This is only one of the reasons why you can not get them to return your calls !.
They are spending too long answering calls from potential customers, for cars they clearly don’t have !.
I think they call these people who advertise these fictitious cars as “Time Wasters”.
As @Alb correctly states, it’s all too much of common practice.
This is a “Old School” tactic that has had its day now, move on dealers !.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom