Delayed charging issues - ZSEV LR and 7kw podpoint

MWS

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi All,

Have been having issues with delayed charging not working on my podpoint with my ZSEV LR. Sometimes it charges overnight, sometimes it doesn’t. Podpoint say it’s not an issue with the unit - latterly I leave the car on timed charge and the unit is flashing green as I think is meant to happen.

Has anyone else had similar challenges?

Best and thanks,

Mike

Hi All,

Have been having issues with delayed charging not working on my podpoint with my ZSEV LR. Sometimes it charges overnight, sometimes it doesn’t. Podpoint say it’s not an issue with the unit - latterly I leave the car on timed charge and the unit is flashing green as I think is meant to happen.

Has anyone else had similar challenges?

Best and thanks,

Mike
I use the Podpoint timer through the app and have the car timer turned off. Works perfectly every time. 👍
Screenshot_2022-07-31-17-14-51-68_fdc6359c7c7e2271f4adc8509aa9b1d0.jpg

Flashing green means connected but not charging.
When a charge is scheduled the LED should be a steady yellowish colour.
Make sure you schedule in advance (not as you charge) as it takes up to 10 minutes for the Podpoint app to connect to the server then to the charger.

Flashing green means connected but not charging.
When a charge is scheduled the LED should be a steady yellowish colour.
Make sure you schedule in advance (not as you charge) as it takes up to 10 minutes for the Podpoint app to connect to the server then to the charger.
Thanks a million

Hi, I had the same problem in the past fil times, then I contacted the podpoint customer service, and they not found any problem in the system or in my unit.
But, they said, they will do a reset in the hole system anyway, and then after that day, the problem never happened again.
I used the schedule tool 7day a week, and now is working fine.

On another note, if you want to cancel schedules to charge straight away, make sure you press "save" after you've turned them off.

Make sure b4 u plug into car you have set up charge timer, if you don’t car looks at last chage set up and won’t charge
This is really helpful information, and explains why sometimes the car charges and sometimes it doesn’t. More should be said about this. Thanks! M

Another tip that caught me out initially, if you set a schedule for midnight to say 7 am the next morning and a schedule is not set on the day you're actually plugging it in, the car will start charging as soon as you plug it in. Set a schedule for the day you're on at a time already gone, that puts the charger in standby for that day.
I just set and save schedules for every day midnight to 7am and turn it off for any day that I want it to charge straight away.

Thanks all - the issue has now seemed to be resolved, and the car is charging normally when the podpoint is controlling timing. M

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom