Delivered today .... day one couple of questions:

Taxman

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi, just had my black pre-facelift leased MG5 LR delivered. Just done about 10 miles and have plugged in the granny charger. May I ask a couple of newbie questions:

1) It came with the DAB 'fix' plugged in and an aerial stuck to the windscreen. Anyone know what the plan in - should I assume that it will be fixed/upgraded at the first service or just 'one day'? Or not at all?

2) I could see mini scratches in the plaint, like it had been polished with a rough sponge. The lease delivery guy reported it and I'm told someone will come and buff them out. Should I see that as a warning that the paint is extra delicate and it will soon be covered in micro scratches?

3) Do people just turn off and forget the whole MG Pilot thing or is it worth the learning effort?

4) Got a type 2 and a granny charger - which was nice, had assumed that I'd have to buy one or the other.

5) The USB iPhone plugs seem to be the wrong way round - the only one that does car play is on the passenger side (but worked immediately and perfectly). That normal?

6) Floor mats (maybe from the lease co?) are not a great match, feels like they only clip in thanks to some man handling. Do people go and buy custom fit ones from MG?

8) from 80% it ways 7 hours to finish charging on the granny charger. That about right?

Thanks - also, any newbie hints and tips much appreciated.!

Cheers

Paul

6) On the floor mats, I had exactly the same with the mats provided by the leasing compay - the holes weren't exactly the right distance apart. I decided to buy a set of the 'official' ones from MG and they did fit a lot better. It took a bit of phoning around to find a convenient dealer that had some in stock but this would have been about 6 months ago so I would hope that they're easier to find now. They have an MG logo and white stitching.

Thank you. I think I'll do that - shiney new car warrants some posh £75 mats I reckion.

8 The granny pulls about 2.2kW so in seven hours about 15Kw added plus any time to do a battery balance.

2 ) I found that the paint work on both ZS EV’s we both had / have was a little soft at first, but after about 6 months it was okay !.
Regarding the micro scratches that are showing, yes then can be polished out.
But it needs doing by somebody who will take his / her time in doing so, with the right equipment of course.
Black is without any doubt, the worst colour for showing any defects in the paint.
They look really nice when cleaned and detailed correctly, but are not very sympathetic if not looked after correctly.
Washing correctly is vitally important if you are concerned about you bodywork.

3) I mostly use the MG pilot features as they are making for a safer drive. Some take a bit of getting used to though, and some are better on motorways than town and vice versa.

Hi, just had my black pre-facelift leased MG5 LR delivered. Just done about 10 miles and have plugged in the granny charger. May I ask a couple of newbie questions:

1) It came with the DAB 'fix' plugged in and an aerial stuck to the windscreen. Anyone know what the plan in - should I assume that it will be fixed/upgraded at the first service or just 'one day'? Or not at all?

2) I could see mini scratches in the plaint, like it had been polished with a rough sponge. The lease delivery guy reported it and I'm told someone will come and buff them out. Should I see that as a warning that the paint is extra delicate and it will soon be covered in micro scratches?

3) Do people just turn off and forget the whole MG Pilot thing or is it worth the learning effort?

4) Got a type 2 and a granny charger - which was nice, had assumed that I'd have to buy one or the other.

5) The USB iPhone plugs seem to be the wrong way round - the only one that does car play is on the passenger side (but worked immediately and perfectly). That normal?

6) Floor mats (maybe from the lease co?) are not a great match, feels like they only clip in thanks to some man handling. Do people go and buy custom fit ones from MG?

8) from 80% it ways 7 hours to finish charging on the granny charger. That about right?

Thanks - also, any newbie hints and tips much appreciated.!

Cheers

Paul
Re hints and tips, read the forum, most questions have already been asked and use the search button. Click on the Advanced tab in search to restrict it to the MG5 forum.

Enjoy your car and try not to focus on the SOC (state of charge) too much. :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom