Delivery superstition

slmorgan42

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
In an effort to have my car magically appear I am turning superstitious.

Someone in another post purchased a 10mm spanner and was rewarded by the deliver gods with the blessed call their car was here.

Willing to try anything I have ordered one too. The Amazon gods will deliver the spanner tomorrow. Let’s see if this works. 😂

What is everyone else trying to gain the favour of the delivery gods?

My altar to the delivery gods.
Let’s see if they are listening to my prayers.

137DCE6A-3DAA-467D-B437-99538D5C1D0F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Being well prepared is good.
In my Gen 1 boot, I have a space saver spare, the gunk puncture repair kit, a tin of tyre gunk that came with the GardX kit and a motorcycle type puncture plug repair kit, in case I get puncture. This virtually guarantees I won't. :LOL:

I'm loving this thread. I think the waiting has sent us all a bit bonkers. :)
It seems a little bit lighter than the shipping thread 🤣.

however that said, it is generally a little more positive, as at this moment in time, we all think our new cars are imminent 😂 . Should we, on this thread, end up in the awful opposition of the shipping thread, then we are. All in trouble! 🤩

I'm loving this thread. I think the waiting has sent us all a bit bonkers. :)
Bonkers for sure. It was one of those laugh or cry moments. But I figured we all needed a bit of a laugh.

I am also actually quite curious what other bonker things people are doing.

I just read on the Shipping thread, I think it was, someone has washed their car hoping this force the call.

Another was fill it with diesel then the call will come lol.

LOL so not sure I would recommend the spanner purchase approach it seems to have had the opposite effect and my sales rep is not responding to my emails anymore lol

LOL so not sure I would recommend the spanner purchase approach it seems to have had the opposite effect and my sales rep is not responding to my emails anymore lol
I never hear from my dealer anyway, so I can't take that as any indication. Went all in and ordered some wind deflectors too, which turned up today... If I don't receive a delivery date soon at least I've a place I can happily shove them :cautious:

Where I've probably gone wrong is that I didn't actually build an alter yet...1st job for tomorrow :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I'm booking my diesel car in for a service. That way I know the call will come the day after it's done. Going to make doubly sure by making it a main dealer service. It has to be worth the investment

I'm booking my diesel car in for a service. That way I know the call will come the day after it's done. Going to make doubly sure by making it a main dealer service. It has to be worth the investment
I will be forced to try that soon. My diesel van is due a service, new parking permit and tax in November. Going to ruddy expensive month.

Mine was a really odd one. I have not been into my actual dealer since I ordered in March. I have had a phone call here and there and also some emails. From the correspondance I have had I was told an expected delivery at the end of September and that it was supposed to have been on a boat in August. Well here we are then at the end of September and I've heard nothing at all about if it had arrived to port or unloaded etc.. So on Monday I thought I am just gonna pop into the dealer and see what's what. I got the old no further information except what I was already told previously and that they have just had transporters turn up with vehichles on them randomly. I said my thanks and headed home. 5 hours later I get a call saying a transporter randomly turned up that afternoon and my car was on it! Picking up it tomorrow 🥳🎉

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom