Just a heads up @Les burrows for your good lady's motor ... my car was updated last Thursday during first service. I don't know exactly what else was updated (still waiting for the email confirmation) but the Infotainment was updated to 1100R33. I've used ACC extensively this weekend and it is much improved - of particular note is that the slow down as you turn the steering wheel is very subdued and barely noticeable; much better than the 10%+ loss of speed that used to happen. :)

Just a heads up @Les burrows for your good lady's motor ... my car was updated last Thursday during first service. I don't know exactly what else was updated (still waiting for the email confirmation) but the Infotainment was updated to 1100R33. I've used ACC extensively this weekend and it is much improved - of particular note is that the slow down as you turn the steering wheel is very subdued and barely noticeable; much better than the 10%+ loss of speed that used to happen. :)
Hi Site and thank you for the heads-up. I’m pleased your dealer appears to have done a good job for you. Now my wife’s 4 had its first service last Monday and when we took the car in I passed the keys over the service counter and then asked whether they doing any updates, and if so if possible could they set it so that the LKA stays off. The guy said there were 3 updates to do, but it was not possible to do them today. I asked what they were, but the chap did not know and nothing was done as far as I know, but I’m not to worried about it. You see Site, on our 4 I switched it to off on day one after driving 1/4 of a mile and it never comes back on unless the driver switches it on.
So did your car LKA stay off? Or were you having to switch it off every time you got in the car, which is what some are having to do?
Has it changed after your car has been updated in any way other than that?
Thanks again.
Les

Last edited:
Hi Les ... in my car LKA has always defaulted to On, and still does. (There's a quicker access option to turn it off now though - just swipe down from the top of the screen and it's there). My post above was more to do with the thread topic of ACC. :)

Its pretty simple to use.

But i have had one instance if unexpected heavy braking on motorway when the car thought a truck moving slowly on hard shoulder was going to pull out. It wasnt and didnt

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back