Dent!! 🤬 Also insurance.

I find LV dont appear to inflate renewals, but still check about each year. They also will cover you if you run out of battery charge 😒
Yeah my renewal is always cheaper than anything on the comparison sites, though what I later noticed is my excess has crept up quite a bit. Even taking that into account there's not a lot in it. Maybe at next year's renewal when I can click no to any motoring convictions in the past 5 years box then that will change.

I was with LV for my first year with the ZS EV on the renewal date, they increased the cost by £85 !.
I moved company and saved the money.
LV have been sponsoring a lot of the sporting events last year, the money has to come from somewhere !.

Mine's gone down with LV from £220ish last year to £168 this year.
They actually sent me an email a week before the renewal quote saying they weren't allowed to charge more than a new customer and sure enough when I got the renewal and checked on GoCompare the price was the same. The only downside was I missed out on GoCompare's free £250 excess cover insurance.

If anything insurance costs have gone down

Since the whole accident claims was tightened insurance payouts have plummeted.

They actually sent me an email a week before the renewal quote saying they weren't allowed to charge more than a new customer and sure enough when I got the renewal and checked on GoCompare the price was the same. The only downside was I missed out on GoCompare's free £250 excess cover insurance.
That's why I always check each year and use Go Compare. I've actually claimed back the £250. They use AXA insurance, it's a bit long winded, but you eventually get the money. :)

also it’s a non fault claim so your insurance shouldn’t be affected
Your own insurance will 100% be affected even if it's a "non-fault" claim... All the non-fault bit means is that you don't have to pay the excess and your no-claims is unaffected... but it will 100% affect next years premiums...

Go on... Ask me how I know...

Your own insurance will 100% be affected even if it's a "non-fault" claim... All the non-fault bit means is that you don't have to pay the excess and your no-claims is unaffected... but it will 100% affect next years premiums...

Go on... Ask me how I know...
Yes, they class you as a greater risk even if you are the victim.

Yes, they class you as a greater risk even if you are the victim.
This has been discussed many times over the years in a wide variety of car forums.
It's just a question of statistics and apparently, these demonstrate that someone involved in an accident (regardless of blame) is more likely than the average person to be involved in another within the next 12 months.

Read the reviews about that gocompare excess "game" !!!

This has been discussed many times over the years in a wide variety of car forums.
It's just a question of statistics and apparently, these demonstrate that someone involved in an accident (regardless of blame) is more likely than the average person to be involved in another within the next 12 months.
I agree, but I sometimes wonder if some insurance companies actually consider the circumstances of the claim or just use it to bump up the premium anyway.

Also worth adding the small print of your insurance requires you to notify them of any incidents. If it comes to light you haven’t notified them in the time period set under the terms, they can cancel your insurance. Which then means you have to disclose your insurance has previously been cancelled which also bumps your premiums up.

To add, I had an incident last year. I was at a roundabout and the car infront went to pull off as there was no traffic coming. I also went to go as the roundabout was clear and on doing my final check to the right caught sight of the car infront slamming their brakes on. I was only doing about 2mph and just nudged into the back of him. No damage to either car, but he was wary of swapping details other than telephone numbers. I took a picture of his registration and the back of his car regardless. He confirmed there was no damage to his vehicle. I informed my insurer immediately and confirmed no damage. Anyway he then text me at 7am the next morning to indicate that he was at the hospital in agony with whiplash and sent pictures of the back of his car with significant dents. I told him I’d given the details to my insurer and they would contact his insurance company and to leave it to them although I did tell him that the damage he was claiming was inconsistent. Thankfully, having realised I’d covered myself by telling the insurer and providing the pictures no claim was made and it’s been closed on my policy. No insurance premium increase. I think it’s always better to tell them before the other party twists the facts.

Only had the car 3 days and some 🤬 has already put a dent and red mark on it in a car park, and I was right there having a nose under the bonnet when he did it🙄.
Got the guys details, but never done a claim before, so what should I do, do I speak to my insurance or get a quote from MG for the fix, then try and get him to pay?

[ Edited Coulomb: Added "also insurance" to the title for easier searching. ]
Could you contact police with his details, is it technically hit and run, perhaps he would pay for damage to prevent further charges?

I find LV dont appear to inflate renewals, but still check about each year. They also will cover you if you run out of battery charge 😒
At the moment I use Direct Line and being retired I have the time to do a comprehensive search + they are not on any compare sites, always worth a phone call.

Could you contact police with his details, is it technically hit and run, perhaps he would pay for damage to prevent further charges?
he got the guys details - the guy never drove away without providing said details. its not a hit and run - you'll get OP in trouble for falsifying a report.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom