Dented pride!

Lespresso

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
A couple of nights ago I was travelling on the dimly lit road on the Isle of Wight and bang! I hit the biggest pothole causing a massive dent to the passengers side wheel, immediately the tpms was displayed, shortly after the rear was displayed,
on inspection it was a very a sad sight indeed, both tiers and wheels totally destroyed, gutted or what!
I called MG assist and my poorly car was recovered and taken to the MG dealer. Happy Christmas 🤔

Just glad to know you are alright Lespresso. Your car can be fixed, but were you to be hurt that would be far more serious. Potholes are the bane of all British drivers unfortunately. I have memorized all the ones locally, but when you’re in an unfamiliar place they can come at you unawares. Let us know how the repairs go and safe driving.

Just glad to know you are alright Lespresso. Your car can be fixed, but were you to be hurt that would be far more serious. Potholes are the bane of all British drivers unfortunately. I have memorized all the ones locally, but when you’re in an unfamiliar place they can come at you unawares. Let us know how the repairs go and safe driving.
Thanks yes I’m fine and of course you’re absolutely right, at the end of the day it’s only a car, I’ve got a courtesy car via MG assist at the moment, a Mini Countryman, makes you realise how good the MG4 is.

Thanks yes I’m fine and of course you’re absolutely right, at the end of the day it’s only a car, I’ve got a courtesy car via MG assist at the moment, a Mini Countryman, makes you realise how good the MG4 is.
Claim from whichever authority is responsible for the road repairs

Must be that time of the year - my daughter in law sent this picture following a very similar episode yesterday in San Diego. She’s OK but the big cat was limping a wee bit

Attachments

• 5E0E9C72-3447-410D-A695-B223A073B617.jpeg
    5E0E9C72-3447-410D-A695-B223A073B617.jpeg
    533 KB · Views: 189
A couple of nights ago I was travelling on the dimly lit road on the Isle of Wight and bang! I hit the biggest pothole causing a massive dent to the passengers side wheel, immediately the tpms was displayed, shortly after the rear was displayed,
on inspection it was a very a sad sight indeed, both tiers and wheels totally destroyed, gutted or what!
I called MG assist and my poorly car was recovered and taken to the MG dealer. Happy Christmas 🤔

Sorry to read about your misfortune. Something all of us dread occurring. Hope you get everything resolved.

You are lucky. On 15 December I hit a kerb and did in the front nearside tyre. I made two calls to MG assist and both times I was on hold for 50 minutes then they hung up on me. Fortunately I still had RAC membership on my insurance (carried over from my previous car) and they were able to send out a 24-hour service to replace the tyre.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I live on the Isle of Wight so have to run the gauntlet of potholes every day. Which road were you on? It would be helpful to know so that I can be aware.
Happy New Year!

Billions of $$$ for senseless wars spent with impunity - but fixing infrastructure for the lowly tax payers? are you kidding me, there is no money for that.....lol

Imagine if you had been on a bike, it might have killed you. I think we’ve given up on roads in the uk, it seems to be accepted now that the roads will always be poor.

Oh my goodness, what a palaver!
Initially I called the AA and to be fair they were quite good and the car was recovered to the MG main dealer on the Isle of White Premier MG who have also been great,
problems started when I contacted Admiral, they took the details and said I would hear from the “claims handler, Fixit Auto repairs,
I waited, and waited and eventually I called them only to be told they had no capacity for Admiral,
Premier MG said they do repairs for Admiral via Vizion repairs so I contacted Admiral who authorised Vizion Auto repairs to be the claims handler’s and received a confirmation email to the effect.
I have to say Vizion have been absolutely useless!
I waited for a communication from them but nothing, decided to call them, waited over an hour on hold only to be told the had no instructions on record from Admiral and to get back to them,
called Admiral on hold for 50 minutes and they re-sent the instructions,
waited again for a day, nothing phoned Vizion and was again told nothing on record and to call Admiral again,
phoned Admiral back and waited a further 40 minutes on hold they called Vizion and was told nothing was received from them,
Admiral re-sent instructions manually while they were on the line and got confirmation it was received, great NO! I waited a further day and received nothing!
I called Vizion waited on hold for another hour only to be told again they have nothing on record and to get back to Admiral,
After a lot of persistent miraculously they found it but it was not loaded by the claims handling team,
Heard nothing so call back next day, waited in hold for 30 minutes and was initially told there was nothing on record again!! Then they miraculously found it again and said it hadn’t been loaded to the claims handling team yet.
I despair! Still nothing….
sorry to go on, but you did ask,

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I live on the Isle of Wight so have to run the gauntlet of potholes every day. Which road were you on? It would be helpful to know so that I can be aware.
Happy New Year!
Along the Binstead road Ryde, walked back in the morning in the daylight but couldn’t actually see anything obvious, however, there was some rubble in the road near Quarr Abbey so on reflection it may have been something on the road.

If you did two tyres AND wheels, you’re going to need a full suspension and alignment check.
You never know, it might come back better as alignment from the factory seems ‘variable’.
They publish alignment figures in the manual, which is something I’ve never seen before and in itself is a little suspicious.

If you did two tyres AND wheels, you’re going to need a full suspension and alignment check.
You never know, it might come back better as alignment from the factory seems ‘variable’.
They publish alignment figures in the manual, which is something I’ve never seen before and in itself is a little suspicious.
Thanks, yes Premier MG have said that, until it’s fully examined we just don’t know, especially being electric, here’s hoping 🤞

I’m not saying it’s impossible to claim from councils, but some are making out it’s a matter of routine and a piece of cake.
Our local council makes it very difficult, having rules that say they must have been notified about the hole and had 24 hours to repair it.
Very hard to prove.
But I can see their angle too, bit unfair to claim against them for a hole that may have literally just materialised.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 503 79.5%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back