• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Dickson's of Inverness - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

Dicksons have only just become an MG dealer but the firm has been in the Inverness area for years. They do other marques - Kia, Suzuki, etc.

Went for a test drive last month. They were obviously new to the MG game - it was a weekend and there were piles of brochures and posters waiting to be put up and half-completed display stands that the shop fitters had been assembling. But it was all very laid back and low-key, the approach seemingly being "here's all the information about everything, it's entirely your choice." Same with the test drive - "here are the keys, it's fully charged, please return it before we close at 5:30."

Picked up the car yesterday. The brochure stands are now assembled. The car was all in order and they gave me a good deal on the Skoda Yeti I traded in. To be honest, just taking the wretched Yeti off my hands would've been OK, but paying me some money as well was excellent. Overall, friendly and helpful and unpressured. So far so good.

Dicksons have only just become an MG dealer but the firm has been in the Inverness area for years. They do other marques - Kia, Suzuki, etc.

Went for a test drive last month. They were obviously new to the MG game - it was a weekend and there were piles of brochures and posters waiting to be put up and half-completed display stands that the shop fitters had been assembling. But it was all very laid back and low-key, the approach seemingly being "here's all the information about everything, it's entirely your choice." Same with the test drive - "here are the keys, it's fully charged, please return it before we close at 5:30."

Picked up the car yesterday. The brochure stands are now assembled. The car was all in order and they gave me a good deal on the Skoda Yeti I traded in. To be honest, just taking the wretched Yeti off my hands would've been OK, but paying me some money as well was excellent. Overall, friendly and helpful and unpressured. So far so good.
Hi and glad you had a positive experience with our new local dealer.
There are quite a few MGs in Inverness now and having a local dealership should increase sales.
Did you take out a service plan?
I prefer to judge a dealer on their after sales performance and will be interested to hear how Dickson compare.
Hopefully see you around the area. Regards, Iain

Hello to you too...

No, I didn't take out a service plan, but will most likely use Dicksons for servicing, at least initially (and beyond if it works out OK). Will report back how it goes, but I'm hoping I won't have to post anything about it until the 12 months is up - so far the car's been faultless and long may it continue.

Further to my original post, I suspect the reason that Dicksons gave me a good trade-in price for the Skoda Yeti was that it was in very good condition. But it should've been - it had had so many faults that pretty much every one of the original components had been replaced and I was effectively trading in a brand new car...

Update, as promised. Just had the 1-year service. Well, a little less than 1 year as I'm due to take the car to the Netherlands soon and I thought better before than after. Anyway...

The service was much like the sales - low key, friendly, hassle-free. Pleasantly surprised that it cost £132, I haven't paid as little as that for many ICE years. All very efficient.

Afterwards they showed me the PodPoint charger in the customer parking area - only a 7kW machine but free for Dicksons customers - "help yourself". Didn't even have to OK it on the app, it was just plug and play. Like the one at home but gratis.

So far the easiest experience I've had with a car dealer anywhere.

Update, as promised. Just had the 1-year service. Well, a little less than 1 year as I'm due to take the car to the Netherlands soon and I thought better before than after. Anyway...

The service was much like the sales - low key, friendly, hassle-free. Pleasantly surprised that it cost £132, I haven't paid as little as that for many ICE years. All very efficient.

Afterwards they showed me the PodPoint charger in the customer parking area - only a 7kW machine but free for Dicksons customers - "help yourself". Didn't even have to OK it on the app, it was just plug and play. Like the one at home but gratis.

So far the easiest experience I've had with a car dealer anywhere.
Many thanks for update and glad to hear it went well. Cheers Iain

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom