Different Trophy??

Pazmeister

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Anyone seen this mg website does that mean new build trophy's now won't have 2 tone roof??

Attachments

• 1EF9151E-1B44-4F3D-81F7-7978154BEE26.png
    1EF9151E-1B44-4F3D-81F7-7978154BEE26.png
    521.6 KB · Views: 276
I'll be effing grumpy if I don't have a black roof.
You and me both, I've had a white trophy on order since Nov 31st. The two tone colour scheme is what just about tipped the balance for me. Have we really pi$$ed China off or something? We seem to pay at least equal to our mainland Europe friends for the top spec'd version yet they get all the bells & whistles thrown in 🤯

Just more cost saving I suppose

When i test drove a trophy i at 5” 9 i found the black roof almost un-noticeable unless i had a helicopter or would look out on it from a second story window
I'm 6'2" but it was as much about others seeing it as well. I'm no kid any more but there's still a little vainness in me. Exterior aesthetics still feature quite high on my list of priorities when choosing a new car.

When i test drove a trophy i at 5” 9 i found the black roof almost un-noticeable unless i had a helicopter or would look out on it from a second story window
I see it most of the time as our drive is below the house and it is quite visible on approach, especially from the rear. It definitely improves the look in my view.

Mine was built back in February, do you reckon it'll have a black roof? I ordered the white trophy back in November.

Mine was built back in February, do you reckon it'll have a black roof? I ordered the white trophy back in November.
I reckon you'll find out before I do, I've not even been given a build date, although the company supplying it are still claiming it'll be delivered may 1st. There was only the white with black roof or the red that I liked, but already have a red Mazda 3, so white it was!

You and me both, I've had a white trophy on order since Nov 31st. The two tone colour scheme is what just about tipped the balance for me. Have we really pi$$ed China off or something? We seem to pay at least equal to our mainland Europe friends for the top spec'd version yet they get all the bells & whistles thrown in 🤯
We’re an expensive market to cater for. Localisation for UK market includes re-engineering for RHD (though they’ll need that to sell in India too, obv), setting the speedo and odo to mph and miles, and UKCA certification (whereas it’s one-size-fits-all for the EU market). Cars have always been a bit more expensive here than continental Europe because of RHD and Imperial measurements, but more so now because of all the additional red tape: both regulatory and logistical.

We’re an expensive market to cater for. Localisation for UK market includes re-engineering for RHD (though they’ll need that to sell in India too, obv), setting the speedo and odo to mph and miles, and UKCA certification (whereas it’s one-size-fits-all for the EU market). Cars have always been a bit more expensive here than continental Europe because of RHD and Imperial measurements, but more so now because of all the additional red tape: both regulatory and logistical.
Thailand is also RHD & CCS2. I think that's how we got MG EVs in the first place.
Also, in these days of digital dashboards, changing from metric to imperial measurements is simples.

Thailand is also RHD & CCS2. I think that's how we got MG EVs in the first place.
Also, in these days of digital dashboards, changing from metric to imperial measurements is simples.
Agreed, RHD is trivial to engineer for with modern cars, this isn't the reason for higher costs or limited choices. MG UK decide which variants to import, costs are mostly driven by tariff and non-tariff barriers, port fees, transportation costs and exchange rates.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back