Different Trophy??

You and me both, I've had a white trophy on order since Nov 31st. The two tone colour scheme is what just about tipped the balance for me. Have we really pi$$ed China off or something? We seem to pay at least equal to our mainland Europe friends for the top spec'd version yet they get all the bells & whistles thrown in 🤯
on the other hand, we do get rhd...

New demo model in Dublin dealer from a few weeks ago has a single-tone roof, along with colour-coded side/rear panels.
Also different wheels (possibly 18in mentioned above?)

0mDmcqr.jpg

New demo model in Dublin dealer from a few weeks ago has a single-tone roof, along with colour-coded side/rear panels.
Also different wheels (possibly 18in mentioned above?)

0mDmcqr.jpg

Prefer those wheels personally.

Not so keen on the other changes though. Can't see the colour coded side panels ageing well (assuming they're plastic still, hard to tell).

Would look good with those alloys and the contrasting roof

Those alloys actually make the car look good from a dead side on view, always thought it looks like it's on castors with the wheels we get leaving quite large arch gaps. I'd change to those size wheels if I was allowed but it's being leased through a salary sacrifice scheme

Agreed, RHD is trivial to engineer for with modern cars, this isn't the reason for higher costs or limited choices. MG UK decide which variants to import, costs are mostly driven by tariff and non-tariff barriers, port fees, transportation costs and exchange rates.
the most telling thing in a lot of RHD cars that were designed predominately for the LHD market is that you only get half a glove box as they don't want the expense of moving the fuse panel and producing a RHD specific loom

the most telling thing in a lot of RHD cars that were designed predominately for the LHD market is that you only get half a glove box as they don't want the expense of moving the fuse panel and producing a RHD specific loom
Indeed, and things like the drive selector dial aren't moved to the driver side in RHD, you gotta reach the little bit further.

Anyone seen this mg website does that mean new build trophy's now won't have 2 tone roof??
For everyone's info if ordered 28th Feb or later you get the new 2023 spec only difference is NO 2 tone roof unlucky it's a first edition perk only

Attachments

• 86B6C57D-3BBB-408E-8432-BE2D49D634E2.png
    86B6C57D-3BBB-408E-8432-BE2D49D634E2.png
    311.2 KB · Views: 124
  • 62CEE617-33F7-457E-8CE5-213FDC2DF90E.png
    62CEE617-33F7-457E-8CE5-213FDC2DF90E.png
    275.1 KB · Views: 134
Another price increase suggested in that text?

Another price increase suggested in that text?
Dated February 24th, it didn't age well as some dealerships are selling the trophy edition for less.

For everyone's info if ordered 28th Feb or later you get the new 2023 spec only difference is NO 2 tone roof unlucky it's a first edition perk only
Glad to hear I'll be getting my two tone roof, would be pretty annoyed if I wasn't.

Got the same response ref the 28th Feb 23 order date being the change over point from my dealer when I asked.
Be interesting to see what actually comes off the boat though!

Count yourself lucky although the black roof looks good, I just went to see an MG4 Trophy at my local dealer and the black roof is a scratch magnet.

I have MY23 on order in dynamic red due in August. The brand new showroom car I saw had swirl marks all over it, the the black exterior plastics and rear light /spoiler and paint in general is very soft and prone to scratching.

Might get mine PPE’d.

Last edited:
Anyone know what VIN-number they startet to remove black roof? (last 6 numbers).

My car just arrived Norway and coming to dealer in 14 days about and it would be nice to know if I got black roof or not..

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back