Difficulties charging MGZS EV using CCS connector

Bienvenu

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi there
I joined this forum because I need your help. I am experiencing difficulties charging my MG ZS EV using CCS connector. I can charge the vehicle using the AC type 2 connector, but it's very slow. It took me two hours to get 15%. I own this vehicle since march 2023. I have been using CCS charging connector without problems whatsoever up to 12/10/2023. What's happening is that once the vehicle is connected to the charger the screen displays the message " safety checks are being carried out" unfortunately it's not clearing the "vehicle detected" check. After a little while another message is displayed saying " unable to start the charging session...vehicle charging interrupted by server or user. Service code: F1". This has in nothing to do with the charging station as I tried both BP Pulse and mfg connect. Did anybody experienced what I going through? What to do?
20231015_065044.jpg

Attachments

• 20231015_065213.jpg
    20231015_065213.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 79
That happened to me twice. Once my car was still running and the second time my passenger door was slightly open. When I phoned Bp pulse they asked me to check all the windows are closed too.
Hope that helps.

Never come across this on Gridserve, Instavolt or Osprey, not keen on BPPulse, only ever used them on AC at York. I very much doubt it's the car but do make sure that the car is off and the doors etc are closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank for your replies. As I said I was using the CCS connector without problems, so I know that the car should be off and doors and windows closed ... before charging. After I posted my message I was still trying to use the above connector, but in vain. I noticed that the connector doesn't hook or stick to the car charge port, in fact it is loose.
AA couldn't help me because I didn't break down as I can still get the vehicle charged with AC type 2 connector. I have arranged an appointment with MG on 02/11/2023 to solve this problem.

I have a ZS EV MK2, took delivery in July this year. It would not charge for me yesterday on two different CCS charge points from two different providers (Ionity and ESB eCars here in Ireland). Both were working charge points, another driver successfully started charge after my attempt. In both cases the charger point failed to establish communications with the car, and the CCS plug did not lock in place in the car port.

I was able eventually to charge myself on the second charge point after I disconnected the negative terminal on the 12V battery and reconnected it again. I had heard that this had been a problem with early models, but had been resolved with software update to the BMS. My car was only built this year so I assume it has the latest software.

I had charged once before at a CCS charge point shortly after I got the car in July and had no problems that time.

I used to get that with my Leaf 40 when I used older 50kW BP Pulse units - Turned out it was BP end - and the c/s agent at BP remotely rebooted their unit.
Have to say with the Mg4 I have not been ANY where near a BP unit ! and I wont with the ZS either moving forward ....

My suggestion try other suppliers and see if same issue occurs ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there
I joined this forum because I need your help. I am experiencing difficulties charging my MG ZS EV using CCS connector. I can charge the vehicle using the AC type 2 connector, but it's very slow. It took me two hours to get 15%. I own this vehicle since march 2023. I have been using CCS charging connector without problems whatsoever up to 12/10/2023. What's happening is that once the vehicle is connected to the charger the screen displays the message " safety checks are being carried out" unfortunately it's not clearing the "vehicle detected" check. After a little while another message is displayed saying " unable to start the charging session...vehicle charging interrupted by server or user. Service code: F1". This has in nothing to do with the charging station as I tried both BP Pulse and mfg connect. Did anybody experienced what I going through? What to do?View attachment 20847
Hi
On 02/11/2023 I brought my MG ZS EV to the dealer. They couldn't connect to the MG diagnostic system, so they couldn't fix anything. But they had the opportunity to update three softwares. They told me that might help solve my problem. I am pleased to announce that the software update did the trick, the CCS connector is locking in places now and I am using it to rapid charge my car. Thank for your suggestions

Hi
On 02/11/2023 I brought my MG ZS EV to the dealer. They couldn't connect to the MG diagnostic system, so they couldn't fix anything. But they had the opportunity to update three softwares. They told me that might help solve my problem. I am pleased to announce that the software update did the trick, the CCS connector is locking in places now and I am using it to rapid charge my car. Thank for your suggestions
Good to hear. Does it work on Tesla open chargers...

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom