• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Dilemma, what do the gang think?

On your points..
1) how frequently will you do long journeys that warrants an LR vs SR/eC4
2) generally most owner reviews for MG EVs are positive, whilst Citroen has a chequered history on reliability, so wouldn’t discount the MG on that front
3) how soon do you need it…

If you’re not often doing long distances, I’d jump on an SR.
I basically do a 50 mile round journey to work, mainly 3 days a week. I'm then hoping to charge the car with my solar panels. I now appreciate that this only really work in the summer. We do travel up country a bit.

One of my factors is this potentially expensive MOT due by the end of June.

The pessimistic side of me thinks that despite ordering in November, I don't think we will be really seeing cars delivered this year!!

The C4 is not a better car. We were down to the EC4 and the MG. Had 3 test drives in each and preferred the Zs Trophy over the Ec4. Better acceleration, longer battery life, moonroof, proper suv height, boot space etc. The MG just seemed to have so much more, and we are delighted with our 22 new model ZS.

The C4 is not a better car. We were down to the EC4 and the MG. Had 3 test drives in each and preferred the Zs Trophy over the Ec4. Better acceleration, longer battery life, moonroof, proper suv height, boot space etc. The MG just seemed to have so much more, and we are delighted with our 22 new model ZS.
Thank you, I have disregarded the c4 now after somebody else said similar. I have
The SR that they had now appears to gone as well. Looks like I will just have to wait, unless I get tempted by a very low mileage Ioniq!!

£5k at 35p/kWH & 3.5 miles / kWH is roughly 50,000 miles before you’re at break-even.

Also, if the MOT bill + 3 months fuel is going to be less than £5k, thats a lot of money to have your new toy now.

I’d wait.
Starting to think that way. Unless I go for SR. Which may make some sense, about the same money, save on MOT and save on fuel at least until September if they can be believed, but I think dealerships have no idea when these cars are going to start coming through properly.

Thank you, I have disregarded the c4 now after somebody else said similar. I have
The SR that they had now appears to gone as well. Looks like I will just have to wait, unless I get tempted by a very low mileage Ioniq!!
Make some calls to various MG dealers… I suspect you might be able to get hold of an SR somewhere. Luscombes in Leeds as well as Chorley group both confirmed availability of SRs. For me doing distance journeys regularly, the SR just won’t work.

Phone your dealer and see if they have anything else coming into stock, I spoke to mine yesterday and low and behold I am now expecting a white ZS EV LR (instead of black) in 2 weeks as they had one coming in which was either a cancelled order or a demonstrator. Worth a shot instead of splashing out on an extra 5k

Phone your dealer and see if they have anything else coming into stock, I spoke to mine yesterday and low and behold I am now expecting a white ZS EV LR (instead of black) in 2 weeks as they had one coming in which was either a cancelled order or a demonstrator. Worth a shot instead of splashing out on an extra 5k
Good advice, I'm waiting for call. They have a ioniq demonstrator for sale, possibility!!

I had a test drive in a ZS SR yesterday. I asked the sales guy what the issue was with getting LRs and he was of the opinion that it’s because MG has produced so many SRs and they want to sell those before taking any more orders for LRs.

Pure speculation but interesting.

I had a test drive in a ZS SR yesterday. I asked the sales guy what the issue was with getting LRs and he was of the opinion that it’s because MG has produced so many SRs and they want to sell those before taking any more orders for LRs.

Pure speculation but interesting.
This is simply untrue... The LR went on sale a good while before the SR and the LR is suffering so much more because of the chip shortage and the battery material shortage as a lot of that comes from the Ukraine and Russia... Good sales tactics though, telling you they have stopped producing LRs until the SRs are gone :ROFLMAO: Someone will fall for it and order an SR I'm sure.

This is simply untrue... The LR went on sale a good while before the SR and the LR is suffering so much more because of the chip shortage and the battery material shortage as a lot of that comes from the Ukraine and Russia... Good sales tactics though, telling you they have stopped producing LRs until the SRs are gone :ROFLMAO: Someone will fall for it and order an SR I'm sure.
😂 luckily if I was going to buy it would only be a SR as the only time I would need the extra range is the 2-3 times a year we go to Wales or Cornwall.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom