Disable Android Auto Split Screen

hamd01

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi guys,
Ive been having a good play with the tech in the car after taking delivery early this week.

I find it a little irritating that when I plug in my Android phone I get a split screen view. With around 1/3 of the screen taking by spotify, and 2/3 by whatever else is running (eg Waze).

Is there any way to make the functioning app full screen, instead of having a split screen view?

I'm suspecting its done this way as it's not a 16:9 size screen....but does anyone know if there's a way to disable split screen view?

I actually quite like the 2/3 .. 1/3 split of the screen ... maps on the right and clock/other app (e.g. music) on the left. The 2/3 split is plenty big enough for navigation. :)

Hi guys,
Ive been having a good play with the tech in the car after taking delivery early this week.

I find it a little irritating that when I plug in my Android phone I get a split screen view. With around 1/3 of the screen taking by spotify, and 2/3 by whatever else is running (eg Waze).

Is there any way to make the functioning app full screen, instead of having a split screen view?

I'm suspecting its done this way as it's not a 16:9 size screen....but does anyone know if there's a way to disable split screen view?

Try double tapping on the screen area (say Waze) portion that you want to see full screen.

I dont think theres a way to download the update, as the BETA is closed.
I think you can 'sideload' it on your phone by googling the latest android auto beta APK and installing it that way, but don't take my word for it (I don't yet have the car yet nor have I ever had a car with android auto, but I've been looking into it).

I tried sideloading this this evening, with several versions of Android Auto, I’m on version 8.6.625003 now and can’t go back. Coolwalk UI doesn’t work, as I think you still need to be a registered Beta tester for it, as it’s activated on the server side.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 538 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back