Disable speed camera warnings

Not something I have looked into if I am honest, must be in the settings somewhere. Not sure I would want to disable them if it were an option though

Upvote 0
Thanks for your response.
We need to disable the speed camera warning to drive in France. It's a €135 on-the-spot fine if we are unlucky enough to get caught...
I think I've done it, after some fiddling around with the navigation system, but it needs resetting every time I start the car. And I won't know if I have disabled the function until I get stopped...

Upvote 0
Thanks for your response.
We need to disable the speed camera warning to drive in France. It's a €135 on-the-spot fine if we are unlucky enough to get caught...
I think I've done it, after some fiddling around with the navigation system, but it needs resetting every time I start the car. And I won't know if I have disabled the function until I get stopped...
Just a thought, if it a legal thing, you may find that there are no speed camera locations in the sat nav for France as there is no point in the mapping provider building them in, so turning notifications on or off would be redundant.

Upvote 0
Just a thought, if it a legal thing, you may find that there are no speed camera locations in the sat nav for France as there is no point in the mapping provider building them in, so turning notifications on or off would be redundant.
My Tom Tom has accident hotspots for France maps. Speed cameras are set up at accident hotspots. Perhaps the MG has the same.

Upvote 0
OK I am a bit confused by this in France you can't use speed camera detectors ie radar and laser detector but GPS database warnings are allowed ie that come on your sat nav?
Screenshot_20220724_121541.jpg

Upvote 0
OK I am a bit confused by this in France you can't use speed camera detectors ie radar and laser detector but GPS database warnings are allowed ie that come on your sat nav?
View attachment 9845
I think the reasoning being GPS maps have the locations of permanent cameras, as they locations are well known there is little point legislating against their detection.
Radar speed traps are mobile, by definition they move around so are harder to detect. The devices that are illegal seem to be therefore the ones that detect the mobile and temporary traps.

Upvote 0
I think the reasoning being GPS maps have the locations of permanent cameras, as they locations are well known there is little point legislating against their detection.
Radar speed traps are mobile, by definition they move around so are harder to detect. The devices that are illegal seem to be therefore the ones that detect the mobile and temporary traps.
Is that another mk2 issue?

Upvote 0
So no requirement to switch off your sat nav notifications?

Upvote 0
Yeah im woth N2asty here, sat nav camera locations are fine in France, radar/laser detectors are the ones they don't like... otherwise wake and Google map would be illegal lol

Upvote 0
In Denmark we have "Saphe" (Pronounced "Safe"). A small matchbox shaped device with 2 buttons, a LED, and a beeper.

Connects via bluetooth to your phone and if you get near a speed camera, either stationary or the predatory ones hidden in a bush, it will beep and flash blue.

If you see a speed camera, you press the corresponding blue button to indicate you saw it, and to warn others.

There is a similar red button for accidents, stopped traffic on the motorway and so on, the Saphe will give the same audible warning, but flash red instead.

Works really great and "everyone" has one, so even when i travel to work in the morning at 5:30 and i pass a knows spot where they often set up their camera, there will already be 30 people having confirmed it's there. :)

Perfectly legal in Denmark

Upvote 0
That does sound great, obviously more great the more people use it, and as it doesn’t ‘detect’ the camera it might be French legal, however I would be hesitant to try out the theory 😂

Upvote 0
That does sound great, obviously more great the more people use it, and as it doesn’t ‘detect’ the camera it might be French legal, however I would be hesitant to try out the theory 😂
You could wire it in stashed out of sight & just "receive" warnings rather than "transmit". Spose you'd only get audible that way but if there's no obvious queue you could assume speed trap?

Upvote 0
In Denmark we have "Saphe" (Pronounced "Safe"). A small matchbox shaped device with 2 buttons, a LED, and a beeper.

Connects via bluetooth to your phone and if you get near a speed camera, either stationary or the predatory ones hidden in a bush, it will beep and flash blue.

If you see a speed camera, you press the corresponding blue button to indicate you saw it, and to warn others.

There is a similar red button for accidents, stopped traffic on the motorway and so on, the Saphe will give the same audible warning, but flash red instead.

Works really great and "everyone" has one, so even when i travel to work in the morning at 5:30 and i pass a knows spot where they often set up their camera, there will already be 30 people having confirmed it's there. :)

Perfectly legal in Denmark
So if your phone is Bluetoothed to that can you connect for calls to the car?

Upvote 0
Well there are ~6 million people in Denmark, and the company says they have 600.000 active users :)

The number of users are maybe a bit inflated, as they bought out another company that does more or less the same, just with an app on your phone, i am not going to write the name of the app, as you will just laugh :)

I have both the app, and the Saphe device, the app shows a map with all confirmed speed cameras and camera vans, so i look at the app before a journey to see if something is already reported, the Saphe unit will only alert you 1 minute before passing the speed camera. (And it alerts you, even if the camera is in the opposite direction, but hey, better one to many, than one to few alerts :) )

Upvote 0
More on France...
I'm now in Normandy, and the SatNav has flagged up a speed camera on a particular stretch of road - despite me switching off (I think) the detector. It doesn't appear on Google.
Another question - how do I flip from miles to kilometres on the speedo?

Upvote 0
More on France...
I'm now in Normandy, and the SatNav has flagged up a speed camera on a particular stretch of road - despite me switching off (I think) the detector. It doesn't appear on Google.
Another question - how do I flip from miles to kilometres on the speedo?
What "detector"?

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom