disable the alarm when you have dogs in the car ?

Alimack60

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
We have dogs which occasionaly have to be left in the car. does anyone know if it’s possible to disable the alarm so their movement doesn’t st it off ? Thanks.

I’m pretty sure that the ZS doesn’t have any interior motion sensors.

Upvote 0
While I’m on , has anyone found a good set of floor mats for their ZS EV Apart from official MG mats which are expensive and don’t seem very good quality.
I got these, I'm team blue and the blue heel pad looks great. Tailored and holes in the right pace for fixing in place.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
While I’m on , has anyone found a good set of floor mats for their ZS EV Apart from official MG mats which are expensive and don’t seem very good quality.
I went for the interior protection pack from the dealer before collecting my car.
It was about £120.00 I think ?.
Not bad value, because you get front and rear tailored mats and a boot liner.
Also, front and rear muds flaps.
The carpets have been installed over 12 months now and still look fine.

1613900506985.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I got these, I'm team blue and the blue heel pad looks great. Tailored and holes in the right pace for fixing in place.

They look good. The MG ones don’t wear well at all.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
I went for the interior protection pack from the dealer before collecting my car.
It was about £120.00 I think ?.
Not bad value, because you get front and rear tailored mats and a boot liner.
Also, front and rear muds flaps.
The carpets have been installed over 12 months now and still look fine.

View attachment 1613
I did the same, but those inserts for holding the mats in place have fallen apart on mine.

Upvote 0
Going back to dogs in the car. I specifically asked about the MG 5 b4 I bought it because I had to put the 'ferry lift' button on my last car (Golf GTD estate) but the MG doesnt have an alarm..good and bad.

Upvote 0
Going back to dogs in the car. I specifically asked about the MG 5 b4 I bought it because I had to put the 'ferry lift' button on my last car (Golf GTD estate) but the MG doesnt have an alarm..good and bad.
It does have automatic double locking with one press of the lock button, so the door can't be opened from the inside handle if they break a window.
Another good and bad though as breaking a window may not set off the alarm with it having no motion sensor.
Edited: may not set off the alarm.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have not checked it out but you used to be able to disable internal alarms by double pressing the key fob when you lock the car in previous cars

Upvote 0
Thanks. Yes I’ve had it confirmed that there are no internal scanners to alert to any movement.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom