Discounted MG4 Trophy LR (1st version)

Robf

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
So for £28,594, I can get a new MG4 Trophy, red with black roof shall be first registered to me by end of this month (July 2023). It is not the updated version (17" wheels, no rear wiper etc) but has the black roof. I know decision is up to me in the end, but would appreciate any comments re is it worth waiting for updated car or not.

That seems like a good price. If the recently updated version was an option pack, would you the extra for it (headrest, wiper, bigger wheels, no black roof)?

I have just taken delivery of the 1st phase and wouldn't pay extra for any of the above I went for white too, so the black roof looks really good imo.

I even wonder whether the extended version is worth another 3.5k over what I've effectively paid on lease. I don't think it is. Just my two cents.

Although one pedal driving is a nice option, to me the only significant worry about the 22 version is whether they're going to continue providing software updates for it. It would be a shame (not to mention ridiculous) if the 22 cars were stuck with e.g. the dodgy bluetooth, but it was later fixed on the MY23 variants. There is also a satnav upgrade due.

Also bare in mind that you can order a phase 2 car at £30k using the affinity discount scheme.

I am in the same position. I have an order in for a phase 2 but seeing stock available is making me wobble a bit!

I'm not getting my Trophy until Sept so it's likely to be the phase 2 model and the one pedal driving is the only thing that's really standing out for me as a nice-to-have and that might just end up being a software update to the phase 1 cars anyway. I prefer the wheel trim design of the phase 1 and also big fan of the black roof so likely to get mine wrapped.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 92 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back