Distance for cable from phone pad to USB ports?

Thats going to give you charging only facilities and not data coms to the phone. But i guess you know that.

Thats going to give you charging only facilities and not data coms to the phone. But i guess you know that.
Thanks. Looking to get this to place phone on with a wireless Android Auto device also. Hopefully, that should resolve wireless charging and Android Auto?

Hoping you can plug the wireless charger into one USB port (USB-C) and the wireless Android Auto device into the other USB (USB-A?)

(Don't have the car yet, planning ahead)

Im an electronics engineer but not a phone expert. The term wireless charging is a bit misleading as its better described as a loosely coupled transformer with a coil in the back of your phone that picks up power from a coil in the charger base. There is some low level comms that sorts out the charging protocol.

But im not aware that any base will give you wireless usb data. Though your bluetooth should work as normal.

If you need to use google maps I think you will need to connect to the phones usb port.

FWIW I believe many Wireless AA devices come with a USB passthrough facility ... so the AA device plugs into the USB A port in the car, and then the charging mat plugs in to the AA device.

But of course you could also use the USB C port as the power source for the mat.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 505 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back