Distribution upgrade?

I'm about a decade behind you Les so I'm describing life in the 1960s.
Ahh - it was around then that I discovered petrol in my dads car’s tank was eminently suited to powering an old motorcycle for the school run - happy days!

I’m 63 and I remember every Sunday as a child when we sat down for our dinner my dad would put on our stereogram and we would listen to The Goon Show and The Clithero Kid those were the days hahaha
Super stuff - and “round the Horn” etc. Ahh they don’t/ CAN’T make ‘em like that any more 😂😂

An interim update: I've been using the same electrician for the last few years and have some confidence in his abilities. He is of the opinion that the 100 Watt Amp looped supply may be OK to support a 7kW charger, but needs to speak to Scottish Power to get their blessing.

Meanwhile, talking to other people, it seems that installing EV chargers is the new double-glazing - the same thing that happened a few years ago with smart meters. People are getting jobs to do this with minimal training as companies seek to surf a wave of money. David might be wrong about the power supply, but I'll rest a lot easier knowing a properly qualified electrician installed the charger and RCD.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom