• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Do all ZS's have 4g?

Hi N2STY,

No not the spreadsheet in post No. 15 above, that is rather ambiguous, it refers to the iSmart user app which cannot afford Wi-Fi Hot Spot.

Your post No. 9 in this thread which states that all three models have this feature and is unlikely to come from MG and is unlikely to be true, unless you know where it came from ?

It is also on there website here
New MG ZS EV | Electric SUV
Go down to full specification then expand in car entertainment
Screenshot_20220525_235811.jpg

The WiFi is on all models and the connect says same as others but with weather, traffic, amazon, WiFi is clearly showing on all

The Hotspot is initially configured in the settings:

93934C85-5103-4F43-A142-6CA48D0F6D0C.jpeg

Then can then be quickly turned ON/OFF from the quick access page (swipe down from top of screen)

097037D7-1533-4D9B-9226-40FB814F50DB.jpeg

As the SIM card provided by MG is a Multi-Network card, you are pretty much always going to have a connection.

I have found it very useful when out and about.

It could have WiFi without having the Hot Spot feature.
My Prius had WiFi but no Hot spot.
You can check if the Trophy has WiFi by parking within range of you router at home and see if it appears on the list of available devices. There should also be a menu option to connect to WiFi on the car.

The WiFi is on all models and the connect says same as others but with weather, traffic, amazon, WiFi is clearly showing on all
That maybe that the car can connect to nearby wifi networks, but not neccessarily provide a wifi hotspot itself.

Well, my ZS EV LR SE does not have the option to select Wifi. Will this be amended in a future firmware upgrade? Or is it that there were more than one facelifts?

Hi folks, excuse my ignorance but excited to take delivery at some point (on Order since Jan) of a Trophy - can anyone who currently has a Trophy edition confirm what connectivity you have? It’s not a big deal to me, but now interested!
  • Will it connect to my WiFi at home?
  • if not does it do over the air updates still?
  • Can I still do things like remotely warming the car up from my phone and if so is this only within Bluetooth range?

Hi folks, excuse my ignorance but excited to take delivery at some point (on Order since Jan) of a Trophy - can anyone who currently has a Trophy edition confirm what connectivity you have? It’s not a big deal to me, but now interested!
  • Will it connect to my WiFi at home?
  • if not does it do over the air updates still?
  • Can I still do things like remotely warming the car up from my phone and if so is this only within Bluetooth range?
WiFi at home : No. requires Connect version
OTA updates : Yes *
iSMART Features : Yes.

ADA0395C-915F-4B11-9638-4DD8374E8829.jpeg

If you have the LR Version you can also set the charge level remotely.

* No one has received an OTA update in the UK yet. It is also limited to the areas of the car controlled by the centre screen. So would not include OTA updates to the BMS for instance.

WiFi at home : No. requires Connect version
OTA updates : Yes *
iSMART Features : Yes.

View attachment 8736

If you have the LR Version you can also set the charge level remotely.

* No one has received an OTA update in the UK yet. It is also limited to the areas of the car controlled by the centre screen. So would not include OTA updates to the BMS for instance.
Thank you, that’s really helpful - I’m happy with that 😁

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom