• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Do MG actually listen to feedback?

Bugeyed, you might we’ll know I don’t sing a lot of praise for MG very much, but I don’t think we will have to wait for a facelift model to get things sorted, the issue on the ZS mk1 with regard to the BMS got sorted well before the facelift appeared with a few software changes, and with the right sort of feedback I’m sure the MG4 will get its issues sorted eventually, as I don’t see any facelift coming along for a good number of years.

Safety issues are a different kettle of fish and although there is nothing on the DVSA website I’m sure someone somewhere said to MG get this sorted or we will make you sort it, and they will have been given a time frame in which to take action, which they have done by issuing a recall letter, then it’s down to the poor dealers to carry out the necessary work but they don’t appear to have a time limit, example last week I took my wife’s car in to have the door locking recall attended to and after hanging around for serval hours, was told it could not be done because of a computer issue but no date was given to go back and I was told only told it will be attended to when the parts arrive to sort out the oil leak which I didn’t know we had whenever that might be. Maybe my mistake might have been saying NO, when I was asked had the doors been a problem on your car.

We have been told by several forum members here and on other sites that they MG motors and some of the dealers don’t look in forums are watch YT videos about their vehicles well they are very good at doing so and singing there praises when receiving awards from here there and everywhere, for best EV best value etc, so somebody must be watching them.
One of the good things this forum has in its favour is Miles Roberts, who apart from be part of and MG dealership is in my opinion a motoring enthusiast who cares, and is about the only person I know who speaks on our level as owners and hopefully to the insiders in MG as well to put the points across on behalf of us the owners letters Emails telephone calls appear a waste of time in most cases well in very few.
That’s about all we can hope for I think that they might take note of what Miles says to them.
But why things take so long is down to something between SAIC MG and the dealers I’m sure of this, otherwise I think every dealer would have had the breather on there stock to fit right away as soon as an oil leak showed if not before but this idea of them
Having to send pictures to head office to order the parts is ridiculous on this issue, I was told by the dealer the under trays are not going to be replaced as we where led to believe as it not a safety concern well from what I have seen posted here in the last couple of weeks is it not might be for someone following you on the road when your tray might get ripped off as you go over a bad bump or something we will see.
Les

I don’t think we will have to wait for a facelift model to get things sorted

I hope that you are correct.

My experience with getting things rectified by MG wasn't good. Perhaps I was unlucky. But I don't see any new MG4s being delivered yet with revised breathers, undertrays or setting memory. Obviously nothing to see here.

Yeh BugEyed I hope I’m right two I never own a ZS but had 2 5s mk1 SR for over 18 months without problems apart for the roof rails scenario and now have the Trophy facelift 5 cant comment on that yet with little over 500 miles apart from to say apart from flicking a switch for the drive mode and Regen mode don’t touch anything else as the settings stay where they where left so why not the MG4 got in that last night first time for over a week we have been in it in the dark and the centre screen was so bright I couldn’t see where I was driving but that was not how we had the last time we had it out in the dark had to stop and fiddle about in the screen to turn it down just don’t understand it for one minute how 2 cars with very similar kit can behave so differently
Les

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom