Do we need an S option ?

Edoc16

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Have had my LR 5 since 30th March 22 and over the period I've used N once or twice never S as I think that Eco is well fast enough for anybody's use and being an old git and had about 17 cars of various type, the power the 5 gives is immense and why would we need to go faster unless is a race at the lights ! which is posy and satisfying to say the least...a bit of fun but for general use Eco is my choice of velocity ....

Have had my LR 5 since 30th March 22 and over the period I've used N once or twice never S as I think that Eco is well fast enough for anybody's use and being an old git and had about 17 cars of various type, the power the 5 gives is immense and why would we need to go faster unless is a race at the lights ! which is posy and satisfying to say the least...a bit of fun but for general use Eco is my choice of velocity ....
If I may say, I feel that as one gets a little older, one gets a little more careful (not as confident).

I have observed this in my dad , and he is the first to agree, that he is not as confident as he was just a couple of years ago.

Removing a driving style for the masses, because it may offend a certain group, is not in my view, the way forward,

I believe the differing driving styles are a godsend. Back in that day, a car was a car. Drive it fast (If was a chance for the mere few) or drive slow (for us mere paupers).

we now have a choice, and the best of both Worlds.

This time will come to me also, of that I am convinced, but until it does, I feel that if a car manufacturer can make a car that suits all levels of driving ability and needs, for the same price that meets their R&D, and we, the consumer, enjoy, bring it on, and keep buying. This is greasy! That’s what I what I say.

I get my fun from driving the other car :love: 😈

RS.JPG

Will try to remember this thread the next time I get my little ‘hobby‘ out of the garage, and take an arse end pic 👍

Steering is at its best in this mode IMHO.
Conversely, it is way too light in ECO.

I drive in Normal most of the time and find the response to the throttle to be more 'natural' then Eco, plus the steering is not so light. Doesn't seem to make any difference to economy as demonstrated a while ago in another thread by @Les burrows

Used S mode a couple of times, scared myself and stopped lol.
I began using Eco and kers 3 all the time but moved to Normal and kers 2 (default) because the savings just weren't noticeable (particularly if you use cruise as much as possible).

Must admit the first time I used it I had a Bum Pucker Factor of 10! Nowadays I keep it at 40% power and restrict the top speed to 60 mph. Unless I have an attack if hooliganism 🤭

Last edited by a moderator:
TBH, most of the time I'm in 'custom' and keeping to legal speeds. Thumb out of Bum tho' 'cos you don't normally get a second chance on a motorcycle if you're not concentrating😲

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom