Do we need an S option ?

TBH, most of the time I'm in 'custom' and keeping to legal speeds. Thumb out of Bum tho' 'cos you don't normally get a second chance on a motorcycle if you're not concentratingšŸ˜²
Ah yes but in the good old days (ā€˜54) you couldnā€™t adjust the mode button šŸ˜‚ but it could do something these fancy shmansy EVā€™s canā€™t do - run fine without a battery -
the magneto was wonderful šŸ¤£

Attachments

• 894CC53D-E6F4-4546-9336-186972537FBF.jpeg
    894CC53D-E6F4-4546-9336-186972537FBF.jpeg
    370.7 KB · Views: 60
I still use the S mode from time to time as the response is fun. However I also made the mistake of putting it in Sports mode after some light rain and, while waiting at the lights, didnā€™t realise one of my front tyres was on a wet man-hole cover! First and only time Iā€™ve smelt my own rubber!

I've found S mode is useful when you do a run to the tip, as I have a couple of times. Incidentally, the 5 swallowed both a washing machine and a double mattress relatively easily :)

I've found S mode is useful when you do a run to the tip, as I have a couple of times. Incidentally, the 5 swallowed both a washing machine and a double mattress relatively easily :)
I've had a fridge freezer in ...just.

Sport mode is beneficial on the motorway to stiffen up the steering.

I only ever really use S mode, prefer the throttle response, more control. Only use E for parking for the light steering, would love the custom mode to just switch the steering at times for tight spaces. Zero difference in energy consumption, I find E throttle to be a bit scary, sudden power rather than linear 100% predictable in S.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom