Do you keep a log of all your charging?

• Yes

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • No

Votes: 26 51.0%
  • I started but gave up

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters
Hi, curious as to why you don't have an EV tariff ? Especially now that the Octopus ones don't have a surcharge on the peak day price.
Looks like @CuriousIslander does under 6k a year so may not have been worth it when the peak on Go was well over the SVR but like you say now Go and IO peak is about the same as the cap.

Agreed. But the starting date for EV VED payment is April 1st, not March 1st, isn't it?
D'oh ! 🙇‍♂️ You are completely right. For some reason I was mixing up the new registration month and the start of the cruelly retrospective introduction of VED for older (as well as new) BEVs.

Mine was a January registration so not too bad.

Hi, curious as to why you don't have an EV tariff ? Especially now that the Octopus ones don't have a surcharge on the peak day price.
Until recently I was on a well-priced 2 year fixed tariff so couldn't be bothered to investigate changing. Also I don't have smartphones and apps and my 5 is the original spec, so I can't schedule charges in the middle of the night anyway. I balance charge about every 6 weeks, and charging up to 80% or so during the day is convenient.
Put it down to I can't be bothered.........

Yes I do but . .

I record the monthly figures from Zappi showing grid / solar & hence costs plus monthly mileage.

I record all public charging sessions too but that's 2 this year! So I know my cost per mile & benefits from the Solar panels.

The only time I get serious is on long trips across Europe where I do record everything as it really helps on trip planning in tricky areas where I know that if I slow down a bit I can skip a charge stop. Also reminds me of good / poor charger stops.

Having 2 EVs one being a company car, we log all charging. Wether at home or on the road. Don't want HMRC giving me a hard time.
The VAT to begin with was confusing, but luckily my book keeper was on the ball.
The home charger also logs all past charging sessions how long for I'm not sure.
Having been a mechanic in years gone by, it's great not to be under the bonnet every other week. Life's so much easier.

Yes but it's not just a charge log.

I've got my PV production, grid usage at the 2 'Go' rates, zappi usage, edii usage, home battery usage, export and various costs associated with those items.

Was using Tronity for the old EV (E208) to track charging whilst away from home (rare event) alongside monthly trip mileage.

Will have to switch to an odo reading from the car on the 1st of the month (another bit of data I would like on the ismart app) to do the same maths.

Reasons why are keeping an eye on efficiency, overall costs and how much my PV etc investment is paying back. Its also helping me understand our usage profile and if more PV/storage battery is beneficial/would be cost effective.

Just curious how many owners are keeping a log of all their charging activity and costs and, if so, for what reason?

I started to, though missed a few recent charges and now wondering if there's much point and why I'm doing it! Does anybody find it particularly useful for any reason?
I have kept a log of charging for the whole of ,y ownership of my MG5 because I was interested in just what mileage I would get per kWh. I have yet to examine the data contained in the log.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom