Do you use the ABRP app.

PeteJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have just found this app and it seems to be very good particularly as if I spend out for the premium version i can have route, charging stations and traffic conditions in the same place. I will be using it on an android phone, have others experience of this app, I have only explored it on my PC so far.

I used the app on android but found the app not very well designed made it difficult to use so did not subscribe after premium trial ended

I use it, it works pretty good. I usually plan a longer route on it, and then use Google Maps to do the actual navigating, due to ABRP not working with Android Auto (maybe one day though?)

I've just dragged my backside into the 21st century & bought a new mobile phone ( not arrived yet) the bank says my old phone isn't compatible with their online banking service & I cant authorise my new contactless debit card on it to use on contactless payment chargers :mad:
Is the Sat-Nav system any good in the ZS EV? I haven't used it yet, Our last cars (Kia Niro) Sat-Nav was useless!!! I used it six times & six times it took me to the wrong postcode address :mad:(n)

I've just dragged my backside into the 21st century & bought a new mobile phone ( not arrived yet) the bank says my old phone isn't compatible with their online banking service & I cant authorise my new contactless debit card on it to use on contactless payment chargers :mad:
Is the Sat-Nav system any good in the ZS EV? I haven't used it yet, Our last cars (Kia Niro) Sat-Nav was useless!!! I used it six times & six times it took me to the wrong postcode address :mad:(n)
It’s not the quickest to load, I use Google maps, but it’s adequate for the purpose.

Yes - google maps is good - it doesn’t work with my iPhone using voice commands though - defaults to Apple maps.

My test on a Sat Nav is will it take you home on the same route you would use on a normal journey. Have never came across one that will do that, they are quite good but never as good as the human. They will get you there but not nec in the shortest or quickest route. Also how the screen shows the map has a lot to be desired on some Sat Navs

Also the MG navigation won't have real time traffic updates. I've used googlemaps for years - the accuracy of the journey time is astonishing. Although not surprising considering that everyone has google on their phones.

The in-built sat nav should only be considered an emergency back up if you don't have a phone with you. It's not good and it takes FOREVER to boot. Why can't it automatically load in the background every time you start the car? Then when you needed it it would be ready to use. It can take 30 seconds plus to load.

Last edited:
Its a good system once you have managed to enter the destination and thats the problem, it takes ages because the screen is so slow. If you have the patience it's OK but I normally use Google maps on android auto.

I've been testing out the app as I've linked it up to my OVMS unit so the state of charge etc is live on the map screen.
It's also due to come out on Android Auto so will be testing that!

Otherwise though I just use Google Maps and search through various apps to plot out my journey in advance. I try to avoid locations where there's less than 2 chargers and unfortunately ABRP won't allow for this yet.

I used the app on android but found the app not very well designed made it difficult to use so did not subscribe after premium trial ended
That describes my experience on Android precisely! It's just difficult to use so I deleted it rather than upgrade

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom