does anyone have an idea what this is?

Ah Humm this is the 12v battery supplying power to the electronics not the HV Drive Train battery
Yes of course. 90 A at 450 V is only half maximum power for the traction battery. But the DC-DC is capable of charging the 12 V battery at ≈90 A. Headlights plus brake lights if the car is not in ready mode could come to at least 55+23 x 2 = 156 W ≅ 13 A, then add up to 100 W for the blower flat out, perhaps a high powered audio amplifier...

I wonder if the idea of the momentary push-button is to use the battery for just a second or three to get things started, then the DC-DC can take over. But then it would make more sense to let the DC-DC charge the 12 V battery. Even if you're just driving the car off the ship onto a car carrier, or carrier to storage.

So @Mgzs ev, where's the photos after you took it apart? :devilish:

You got their first !.
Another example of “Kick ( the tyres) And Ship”.
Ask the dealer for a copy of the PDI check off sheet for your car.
Don’t hold your breath of course, because they won’t have it !.
They get paid for that as well.

You got their first !.
Another example of “Kick ( the tyres) And Ship”.
Ask the dealer for a copy of the PDI check off sheet for your car.
Don’t hold your breath of course, because they won’t have it !.
They get paid for that as well.
I'm sure my zs never had a PDI when I collected it still had the shipping stickers on the windscreen and was dusty inside salesman made excuses. Made them sort it.

Ah Humm this is the 12v battery supplying power to the electronics not the HV Drive Train battery.,. Since it is an EV there is only a few amps since there is no Starter Motor to crank.
Hi all
Actually when I first went into my MG dealer, the ZS EV in the show room had the button part stuck to the bottom of the windscreen, when I said how do I see all the pretty lights the sales man pressed the button and hey presto there were pretty lights and I still bought one.

I'm sure my zs never had a PDI when I collected it still had the shipping stickers on the windscreen and was dusty inside salesman made excuses. Made them sort it.
Although that is terrible, can I say I am not surprised !.
CLEARLY - Presented at this standard does imply there was no PDI check done originally !.

That's about 2.5 kW ! that's a hell of a wack. So if you wanted to run a 1,000 Watt DC-AC inverter when camping the DC-DC inverter wouldn't break into a sweat.
ok this will be awesome! Is there a preferred place to attach inverter on MG5?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom