Does the MG4 come with a Granny Charger?

soolaimon

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
I have heard that the MG4 does not come with a home power supply cable to allow one to home charge, is this true? I presently have an IONIQ PHEV which came with said cable & can charge at 6 or 8a. I have pre ordered a MG4 in NZ. If this is the case it's a bit like buying a ICE car with the petrol cap locked and no key.

No idea what's going to happen in NZ. In the UK they're coming initially with Type 2 leads (for use at public charge points), but they're supposed to be coming with EVSE leads according to the manual. Apparently they're having issues getting the parts/cables at the moment.

Keep your existing cable from the IONIQ would be my suggestion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been told by my dealer that my car will come with a granny cable, though I have heard that initially some owners received a type 2 charging cable.

I thought that the missing granny would be supplied when they come through later. Re cable storage, cannot see where the granny or type 2 cable are meant to be stored on the Trophy when the floor is in the down position. I currently put the type 2 under the passenger seat

Various posts have shown that the padded insert for the tyre repair kit etc. can be removed and that space can be used for a cable (without the bag), and/or the cable bag can seemingly rest on the plastic cover under the bonnet. :)

I thought that the missing granny would be supplied when they come through later. Re cable storage, cannot see where the granny or type 2 cable are meant to be stored on the Trophy when the floor is in the down position. I currently put the type 2 under the passenger seat
My Dealer swopped the Type 2 lead for an MG granny charger inside a nice storage bag, at no cost to me

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back