Does the MG4 have a rear wiper or not?

AB71

Established Member
Reaction score
I ask because I’m sure I read somewhere it doesn’t yet every single dealer or brochure I look at says it , the MG4 EV SE SR does have rear wiper and tinted windows. If I go dealer tomorrow and there’s no rear wiper then I’m going to assume it’s a previous batch of cars and reject it I think. 🤷‍♀️ I’m so confused. Also what’s the diff betwixt LKA and Lane deviation warning anyway?

The older models don't, the newer 2023 models do AFAIK. It will depend on the build date.

Quote from MG regarding 2023 updates :-

"All three model variants include a rear window wiper and now three rear headrests, which further increase the level of safety for passengers, as standard. In addition, all MG4 Electric variants can now be driven in comfortable one-pedal driving. Only by releasing the accelerator pedal is the moderate braking effect, even to a standstill, and thus the energy recovery triggered".

And......if you don't regularly carry 3 passengers in the rear, you will (probably?) throw the centre headrest into the furthest reaches of your garage as it completely obscures your view out the back.
Keep it in-place and the rear wiper becomes completely redundant! 🤣

Went into showroom earlier and mines without rear wiper . I’m cancelling the order as I feel it’s a showroom first edition or something and i don’t feel comfortable with , it feels like im
Being fobbed off with old stock or something.

And......if you don't regularly carry 3 passengers in the rear, you will (probably?) throw the centre headrest into the furthest reaches of your garage as it completely obscures your view out the back.
Keep it in-place and the rear wiper becomes completely redundant! 🤣
Yeh it’s not just about the wiper, if that’s not there what else isn’t. 🤷‍♀️

Yes, sounds odd to me, but I am sure someone will be along with more knowledge on model time frame introduction than me.
Only had mine two weeks!

Yes, sounds odd to me, but I am sure someone will be along with more knowledge on model time frame introduction than me.
Only had mine two weeks!
Just seen on YT about the Sept23 batches now inc rear wiper and head rest is now included. Yea my headrest off the Kia I don’t even know where that is lol and I rarely use the tiny back window to see out of. Like I said it just doesn’t sit right if I’m going to get a brand new car I would like it to be , brand new.

Went into showroom earlier and mines without rear wiper . I’m cancelling the order as I feel it’s a showroom first edition or something and i don’t feel comfortable with , it feels like im
Being fobbed off with old stock or something.

Yeh it’s not just about the wiper, if that’s not there what else isn’t. 🤷‍♀️
Depends what you are after, the MY22 cars have 17" wheels, and 11KW charging, so if you have access to 3 phase 22KW chargers, then that may be the better option along with the cheaper tyres and smoother ride.

Smoother ride not really a concern between the phase 1 & phase 2 as the tyre size on the existing 17" wheels seems to be 215/50/17 and the new 18" are 235/45/18, so a 5% variance in the side wall aspect ratio, which doesn't seem to be much of a difference (1.75mm lower profile for the 18s).

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back