Does The Wireless Mat Come Off?

CarbonEV

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
I’m looking to route a cable up to the wireless charger however can you remove the charger mat without damaging anything?

It seems to be stuck on pretty tight. And before I try & peel it up, I wanted to ask if anyone had done it previously 😅.

My aim to remove the mat permanently, stick down a magnetic stand for my phone, so that when I route the cable, the phone is held tight in place and so won’t slip off like I’ve seen in some videos.

The holder is very small, a MagSafe holder that cost £16 but will neatly hold the iPhone securely.

I can post pics once done if anyone is interested, but I just wanted to double check about the rubber mat.

Yes peel up the mat. That's all you need to do.
Did you know there is a hole either side of of the mat that runs through the gear selector surround so you can route a cable.
The mat has slits on so you can get the cable through the mat.

It's odd that you're finding it hard to remove. It's only attached by four sort of rubber dimple press-studs, one in each corner. Unless the one in the X-Power is different from the one in the SE.

I find that, having a fairly thick phone cable routed through the holes in the mat, that it comes up of its own accord sometimes when I'm fiddling with the phone.

Last edited:
It's odd that you're finding it hard to remove. It's only attached by four sort of rubber dimple press-studs, one in each corner. Unless the one in the X-Power is different from the one in the SE.

I find that, having a fairly thick phone cable routed through the holes in the mat, that it comes up of its own accort sometimes when I'm fiddling with the phone.

It seems to be very secure. I didn’t want to risk damaging it as one video I watched the guy said he didn’t risk trying it.

So I could have peeled it up but I just wanted to clarify it’s ok to do.

I’ll provide an update tomorrow if I can get the phone mount to stick down securely.

Thank for you the reply & same for everyone else ☺️

I used a large, flat-blade screwdriver (pushed up from underneath) to dislodge one edge of the mat on mine. As I'm using a magnetic connector cable then it's been a one-time activity for me. :)

I was the same at first, I thought it was stuck on. As @Rolfe says it's just 4 little rubber bungs that hold it in, a good tug once you get an edge up to grip it should do it.

I’m looking to route a cable up to the wireless charger however can you remove the charger mat without damaging anything?

It seems to be stuck on pretty tight. And before I try & peel it up, I wanted to ask if anyone had done it previously 😅.

My aim to remove the mat permanently, stick down a magnetic stand for my phone, so that when I route the cable, the phone is held tight in place and so won’t slip off like I’ve seen in some videos.

The holder is very small, a MagSafe holder that cost £16 but will neatly hold the iPhone securely.

I can post pics once done if anyone is interested, but I just wanted to double check about the rubber mat.
Yes it is fixed down with studs, but can be removed and refitted, would be interested to see your end result

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 523 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back