Does the ZS EV have front fog lights?

KasEV

Banned
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
Planning 700 mile round trip in the ZS EV.
Weather forecast suggests possible Patches of Dense Fog in places.
Wanted to make sure Fog lights were in order. I have spotted the rear fog lights and they are OK but I can not find the front fog lights.
Does the ZS EV have front Fog Lights???

Not mandatory in the UK and dipped (not dimmed) headlights should be used.
"Dimmed" headlights, AKA Dim-dip, as introduced sometime in the 80s IIRC, were a pre cursor to DRLs.

@Kithmo,
Thanks very much for clarification.
My wife very was worried. I think I know how to get the dipped lights on ie position 3 in the ZS EV so I explained to her and she is now OK.
But now she has hit me with another issue about Fog lights.
My wife has read the ZS EV manual several times and somehow believes she knows it back to front. She is now telling me that somewhere in the manual it has been noted that the front headlamps may fail to work in Fog so in her opinion the ZS EV may be collision prone in Fog. She believes MG took an unsafe short cut here. In her opinion the safer option should be that when one puts the rear Fog lights on, this should automatically put on the front dipped lights as well unless in a situation where a higher beam setting is already on.
I am not sure but when my wife says something is wrong, she is usually right.
@Kithmo, Do you understand what she is talking about?? Have you a solution to this????
Folks any suggestions?

I think she is unnecessarily concerned. Front foglight are pretty useless in my opinion, main headlights on dip are my preferred choice. In fact in my last Rover 75, I converted the front foglight to Day Time running lights. A much more useful option. Of Course the MG already has good DTRL anyway.

This was DCI Barnaby's car in Midsummer murders series 7. I restored it after a long period of being stored on an old Airfield in Lincolnshire.

IMG_1911.JPG
y

Rear fogs used to be linked to dipped beams in that you had to have dipped beams on to turn rear fog lights on and (annoyingly) the rear fogs went off if you put high beam on. So she's right that they should be on with dipped beam, I'm not sure but I assumed it was (still) the other way round, that is you have to have dipped beams on to turn the rear fog lamps on.
I agree about the headlamps not being good in fog, especially these halogens. LED headlights are marginally better, but ideally you need yellow lamps to see better.
Front fogs are not designed to see better (although they do light up the edge of the road well if they're adjusted properly) they are designed for you to be seen by others.

If it had been a Diesel, I would never have sold it. The 2ltr petrol wasn't my favourite engine, heavy on fuel and needed regular cam belts. The diesel M47 BMW 2 ltr diesel is a honey....and capable of over 250K miles with no bother.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom