Dog Cages

Ayoull

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Has anyone bought a dog cage that will fit into the boot of the MG4 not necessarily looking for a permanent one but one for taking our labrador to the vets etc.

Guardsman do a dog guard, depending on how big your lab is you might be better with that than a cage, gives the dog room to turn and stand

Guardsman do a dog guard, depending on how big your lab is you might be better with that than a cage, gives the dog room to turn and stand
She's quite small for a lab, working lines about 21in tall, I'll have to get her in the boot and see how much space we have to work with 🤣

As I always say when I see such posts (usually on Facebook) ... I would never EVER put my dogs in the boot area. I've been rear-ended before and thankfully my (then only) dog was on the back seat secured via a bungee belt connected to his harness, so he simply slid forward and ended up on the floor behind my seat ... if he'd been in the boot he would be dead.

As I always say when I see such posts (usually on Facebook) ... I would never EVER put my dogs in the boot area. I've been rear-ended before and thankfully my (then only) dog was on the back seat secured via a bungee belt connected to his harness, so he simply slid forward and ended up on the floor behind my seat ... if he'd been in the boot he would be dead.
Agreed. However, sometimes people don't have a choice. Ours is a miniature schnauzer so he fits in the back with our son's car seat but if we had a couple of labradors at least one would have to be in the boot.

I had a trans k9 box for my working dogs in my own car, dogs are as safe in the rear as any other part of the car, depending on where the impact is. Definitely safer in an enclosed box, limits the amount they can be thrown around in the event of an impact.
Unfortunately you won't get a trans k9 small enough for the MG4 boot.

I had a trans k9 box for my working dogs in my own car, dogs are as safe in the rear as any other part of the car, depending on where the impact is. Definitely safer in an enclosed box, limits the amount they can be thrown around in the event of an impact.
Unfortunately you won't get a trans k9 small enough for the MG4 boot.
No we won't unfortunately, it's just for the off occasion I have to use the MG4 if other half is out with the ZS, I had a lantran box for the xtrail

Decent as well, they do make some smaller ones

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 536 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel