Doh!

Ian Key

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Had a Doh! moment this morning.

I went to open the tailgate to put the dogs into the car to take them for a walk but it wouldn't open. Tried the driver's door and it still wouldn't open. As I went for the key in my pocket I thought "Oh 🤬, the 12v battery must have gone flat"

My next thought was "You dummy, you've left the key inside in the Faraday box"

I think I'm going to sit down and have a coffee before I continue with the rest of my day 😁

Had a Doh! moment this morning.

I went to open the tailgate to put the dogs into the car to take them for a walk but it wouldn't open. Tried the driver's door and it still wouldn't open. As I went for the key in my pocket I thought "Oh 🤬, the 12v battery must have gone flat"

My next thought was "You dummy, you've left the key inside in the Faraday box"

I think I'm going to sit down and have a coffee before I continue with the rest of my day 😁
Double espresso? 🙂 At least you know the Faraday works. 👍

Had the opposite Doh! moment the other day. I’d absentmindedly put my key back into the faraday pouch and into my pocket after unlocking the car. I hadn’t gotten very far when a warning telling me the key was not detected came up on the dash. For a moment I was confused and patted my pocket only to realise I’d put the key back in the pouch. At least I know the pouch works! 😅

🤔 I wonder what happens if the key goes undetected for a longer period of time.

Had the opposite Doh! moment the other day. I’d absent-mindedly put my key back into the Faraday pouch and into my pocket after unlocking the car. I hadn’t gotten very far when a warning telling me the key was not detected came up on the dash. For a moment I was confused and patted my pocket only to realise I’d put the key back in the pouch. At least I know the pouch works! 😅

🤔 I wonder what happens if the key goes undetected for a longer period of time.
I think you'd suffer being locked in which happened to some owners until a safety recall was issued for the early cars.

I think you'd suffer being locked in which happened to some owners until a safety recall was issued for the early cars.

Oh, I’d better not test that out then, Ian.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back