Don’t you just love the guessometer?

My experience on the MS ZS EV MK1 is that the GOM is not based on the last 15 minutes' worth of driving. I regularly do a motorway journey of 50 miles there and back. Thus if the GOM is working on that last 15 minutes, it should predict a reasonably low mileage left in the tank. But I find that the GOM prediction continues to drop during the trip. I always start with a full charge, maybe 160 miles, and on arrival at my destination 50 miles away, I may have 90 miles left according to the GOM. On my return trip, maybe starting with 80 miles, I have to charge up to get home, 50 miles away. That is with recent weather conditions...

Maybe the later models are more accurate than the old MK1.

Still a great car though, I can live with its foibles......

I have a Zappi EV charger installed at home and can be linked to the myenergi app which provides details of each charging session which I copy to my spreadsheet.
Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 09.20.40.png

Guys, just so you know, I did not mean anything sarcastically. I guess I was being ironic, but irony doesn’t translate to text quite so well as maybe it should. Don’t get so worked up over it is probably my message. It’s just a bit of software at the end of the day and the variation in conditions can affect it widely as we all know.
I tell you what, I’ll not bother in future, given the bad press I’ve had over what to me was an innocent piece of nonsense. I’ll just keep my head down. Good luck one and all and have a nice day now!

Guys, just so you know, I did not mean anything sarcastically. I guess I was being ironic, but irony doesn’t translate to text quite so well as maybe it should. Don’t get so worked up over it is probably my message. It’s just a bit of software at the end of the day and the variation in conditions can affect it widely as we all know.I tell you what, I’ll not bother in future, given the bad press I’ve had over what to me was an innocent piece of nonsense. I’ll just keep my head down. Good luck one and all and have a nice day now!

It seems I owe you an apology, I never meant to be critical of you personally, only to correct the apparent bad press that range meters get. So, I unreservedly apologise for any offence I may have caused.

We have all been there at some time in our life and if someone hasn't yet there will be a high chance that it will happen in the future. So let's all smile and carry-on.

😃☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕

Guys, just so you know, I did not mean anything sarcastically. I guess I was being ironic, but irony doesn’t translate to text quite so well as maybe it should. Don’t get so worked up over it is probably my message. It’s just a bit of software at the end of the day and the variation in conditions can affect it widely as we all know.
I tell you what, I’ll not bother in future, given the bad press I’ve had over what to me was an innocent piece of nonsense. I’ll just keep my head down. Good luck one and all and have a nice day now!
I think most knew, and your irony translated OK as I posted earlier the thread (post #8). Please don't fear to continue contributing. You are still loved 🥰 .... 🤣

Yes I just love the oddities and quirks of the guess-o-meter algorithm. I believe @bigalfromwigan was being ironic with his comments and making a simple jovial post. ..
:)

Last edited:
I have a Zappi EV charger installed at home and can be linked to the myenergi app which provides details of each charging session which I copy to my spreadsheet.View attachment 18879
Don't forget to take into account losses. My app (not Zappi) often reports charges that have used 29kWh for a 4hour charge but obviously the car has only used 4 x 6.6kWh 26.4kWh.
I think generally it's about a 10%ish loss between power supplied and power inserted, so that would make a difference.

If only this picture was accurate lol
I still go in the 2 miles for 1% charge. On average seems to work out right.

Attachments

• IMG_3869.jpeg
    IMG_3869.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 64
My SR was displaying 211 miles after 100% charge.
Now, after 28 miles already in, it shows 173 miles with 84% remaining.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-11-17-48-46-017_com.saicmotor.iov.europe.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-11-17-48-46-017_com.saicmotor.iov.europe.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 64
I would think the GOM bases its "Guess" on the Miles per KW in the Accumulated trip figure.

If you zero that, the "Guess" goes back to the MG default figure..................

Yes/no???

I would think the GOM bases its "Guess" on the Miles per KW in the Accumulated trip figure.

If you zero that, the "Guess" goes back to the MG default figure..................

Yes/no???
Yes it uses past driving to calculate this. I had deliberately not reset mine since I got the car and then sadly the garage reset it during some work. Took a while for the car to come close to guessing right again.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom