Done it been and put deposit down for ZS EV

Crashoverride012

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi there, I will soon be a proud owner of a Black Exclusive MG ZS EV, pick up next Friday.

Any advice or tips anyone can give will be much appreciated.

I am moving on from a Renault Zoe by the way so I am fully aware of charging places e.t.c just faults and niggles I need to look out for.

Thanks

Steve

Make sure they carry out all updates, see forum, ask for a set of mats, our dealer supplied a set for our car, also a Black exclusive my wife calls Pearl.
There is a feed on the site regarding navigation update I did it at the weekend and have now got details of all charging points and street maps is now updated.
Then enjoy the car which we both love.
I am sure you will be very happy with your choice.

Just enjoy it the black looks fantastic, had my front and rear windows tinted. Front were limited tint and back to blend in, but I love it.

I have fun planning my trips around free chargers, use the charging time for emails and other admin tasks as I’m a field worker..??

So you want to share who did that for you and a picture would be appreciated :)
It was a company call Global Tint they come to your home and offer a lifetime guarantee. I will at some point do pictures, but I’m trying to get some other work completed first with the chrome...

As requested a quick picture from this morning.

Attachments

• 5EDE5BCC-5D80-4622-8222-CB79E1485A1D.jpeg
    5EDE5BCC-5D80-4622-8222-CB79E1485A1D.jpeg
    443.1 KB · Views: 159
Roughly what price range are you in Mark? I was thinking of having the rears done, but had considered the front. They certainly look good on a black car... mine is a red one.

I was going to wait to have all the planned work done before showcasing, but the quote to have the work done needs a bit of thinking time....hmmm

The back and rear windows were Luna and the front were twilight.

Thanks for all the replies, picking the car up Monday hopefully when I get a hold of the MG manager tomorrow to make sure the updates will be done before I collect, so fingers crossed

Just had the dealer on they are getting the car in tomorrow or Friday to do the updates, they did say they have not actually done an update on A ZS EV yet so let’s hope it goes well, they are also waiting for my free cable to arrive, so fingers crossed that I should still be on for Monday collection.

I was my dealers first update client, right after "un-lockdown!" They ended up keeping it overnight, but that was fine...it was worth the wait.

Good luck and enjoy your car. :) (y)

Well I was supposed to pick up this car this morning and of course I get a phone call from the dealer saying apparently there is another update they need to put on as the car has been in all weekend left updating and now it’s come up with another update that needs doing, they tried cancelling till Thursday I said hold on a minute I told you last Monday I wanted it in and updated. I have swapped my insurance over from my previous car at 11:00 this morning and now I have to pay 2 admin charges for swapping it back as the dealer said well seen as you have done that we can book you in for 15:00 today But we can’t guarantee its been updated? (how long does it take??) lost it a bit with the guy on the phone as communication it really not the this dealer strong suite and I told them that, fingers crossed I should be getting the car this afternoon now but I do not hold out much hope.

I understand that there is one long one. ( I too had to leave it in overnight for that one) but I think the others are fairly simple and quick......Fingers crossed for you......it is worth it...honest... :)(y)

Once you get your hands on the new car with the updates all this frustration will be gone, however it does dampen the experience somewhat...all the best and enjoy the car.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom