Door locking

SimonS

Established Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
I’m not sure if the car has always done this or if it is a “new feature”.
If I get in the car and drive off all the doors lock. If I stop and open the drivers door the rear doors remain locked from the outside. I seem to remember that they used to unlock with the drivers door but i could be mistaken.
Am I?

9 times out of 10, they do unlock with the drivers door for me.
The other times they don't, but ive not figured out why, is it a bug or is there another factor like the front passenger door opening before/after

I’m not sure if the car has always done this or if it is a “new feature”.
If I get in the car and drive off all the doors lock. If I stop and open the drivers door the rear doors remain locked from the outside. I seem to remember that they used to unlock with the drivers door but i could be mistaken.
Am I?
IIRC, there's a setting buried in the menus to switch between "unlock all doors" & "driver's door only"

That setting doesn't work on the SE. It's driving me absolutely insane. I asked my dealer if they could just disable the feature completely but I got a condescending "It's a safety feature" and my protestations that the Trophy models can have it switched off fell on deaf ears.

I think it's a bug in the SE software. I don't know of another car where this feature can't be switched off.

I wrote my post while waiting for my wife to finish shopping and we then drove home. As is typical the rear doors opened fine from the outside this time! As Ekips said, it's just one of those MG bugs.

I have now found the settings for door locking and both were set to "All Doors" so it's definitely not something I've done.

IMG_7214.jpg

Sometimes you need to remind it of a setting, I've found. I always use the right star button for the HVAC controls, but they day I let my friend drive us to our lunch date - the first time she had driven the car - the star button was doing absolutely nothing and I had to operate the HVAC myself from the infotainment screen.

Same thing on the way back, when I was driving. Got home, went into the menu, and yes, right star was set to HVAC. I confirmed that, and suddenly it started working again.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back