Door Mirrors and Windows not Opening

marillionut

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
No joy in getting these to work this morning.
Phoned the dealer who thought the car might have gone into transport mode...suggested I contact MG assistance.
Any help gratefully received please....

Have a look at this thread.

On one occasion I had this happen, I used the mirror control switch that Ian mentions to fold out the mirrors. Never happened since, I think it was due to impatience on my possibly double or treble clicking the door open button when getting in.

I didn't try them, just went straight to mirror switch which resolved my problem.
Turns out its a faulty switch in the drivers door...
Dealer managed to get the wing mirrors to open for safety reasons ....new part on order now.

I picked up my car in July and a week later the drivers side window would not operate, I returned to the dealer who tried a new switch unit, to no avail and they then said it needed a new wiring harness in the door, which had to be ordered. They finally got the part and fixed the problem in November. Five months without being able to open the window in summer - Thank goodness for AC and the fact it did not affect the wing mirror operations.
To fold them flat manually, just flick the round switch downwards and repeat to bring them out again.

If you just push the mirror adjustment switch down the mirrors fold in I have to do this when I put my car in the garage as door very tight

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 526 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back