Driver assistance worries - Is it just me?

I adapted my driving style to compensate for how keen this system is (and my previous Prius system was the same) by leaving a bigger gap to the car in front and approaching hazards slower. I usually just get the occasional bleep and priming of the brakes now, no braking.
FWIW exaggerated turning away from a hazard also helps, for example, when going up a street with parked cars either side, taking each one extra wide and slaloming up the street seems to be the only way to prevent the car reacting.

The first time my car did it there wasn't even a car or pedestrian on the street so I don't think it's just down to driving style
It seems to react to shadows, when I first got mine it surprised me as I was approaching a bridge, going from strong sunlight to shadow.
I think strong/low sun also plays havoc with the camera part.

It seems to react to shadows, when I first got mine it surprised me as I was approaching a bridge, going from strong sunlight to shadow.
I think strong/low sun also plays havoc with the camera part.
Me and my wife thought perhaps the camera/sensor is that good it can pick up ghost strangely a young lad had been sadly killed on the road in a RTC were mine first locked up ,

From my experience collision warning doesn't work well with the bends. Often it panics thinking I will smash ongoing traffic when I can see a bend and I will be nowhere near those cars.

I still leave it on because it's rare occurrence vs benefit if car stopping when a kid runs on front of me.

Similar to Kithmo I also leave bigger gaps now to adapt to it. I think it's not bad thing really. My only concern is all the idiots interpreting 2sec gap on front of me as opportunity to take over in unsafe spots

Me and my wife thought perhaps the camera/sensor is that good it can pick up ghost strangely a young lad had been sadly killed on the road in a RTC were mine first locked up ,
I'll have to check if there have been any fatalities near that bridge now as it's only happened at that particular bridge and doesn't happen at others. :unsure: 😲

Took car back this morning collected it at 4.30 was told a brake switch is the cause of the emergency brake kicking in for no reason also did a factory reset and update on infotainment system so until new switch arrives I have to run the car with all emergency features turned off so everytime I start the car I have to turn everything off its ridiculous

From my experience collision warning doesn't work well with the bends. Often it panics thinking I will smash ongoing traffic when I can see a bend and I will be nowhere near those cars.

I still leave it on because it's rare occurrence vs benefit if car stopping when a kid runs on front of me.
Now, where's that video clip of said ZS collision avoidance working in that scenario at sub 20?mph but still knocking the test dummy over at higher speeds? 🤔 It's not the holy grail 👍

20's plenty where there's pedestrians as the survivability for pedestrians decreases dramatically above that. That the AEB works more effectively below that speed is another reason.

20's plenty where there's pedestrians as the survivability for pedestrians decreases dramatically above that. That the AEB works more effectively below that speed is another reason.
That statistic assumes no collision avoidance systems though?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom