Driver head rest -can it be adjusted?

Laurence1982

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi all. I've found the headrest is making me push my head forward to the point I notice and get uncomfortable. Can it be rotated/changed easily? Never had this issue in a previous car.

Hi all. I've found the headrest is making me push my head forward to the point I notice and get uncomfortable. Can it be rotated/changed easily? Never had this issue in a previous car.
I felt exactly the same way. Kinda pushing my head forwards a bit which is slightly uncomfortable. The more i focus on that the more uncomfortable it becomes. Now I’m trying not to pay attention to that and slowly getting used to it. I’ve pushed the seat at an angle backwards to get headrest at an angle that is bearable. I don’t think you can tilt the headrest.

I had a test drive in a Kia Picanto with a view to buying it for my wife, the headrest pushed my head so far forward that I could not look at the road ahead properly.
Why do they do this, probably more safety nonsense for the Ncap tests

The only scenario I can visualise where the headrest is touching the back of my head is if I had the seat back leaning too far forward, vertical or leaning forward.
Mine is leaning back probably 15-20 degrees and the headrest is not touching my head.
TBH, I don't know why it's called a "headrest" as that's not its purpose, it's there to prevent your head bouncing too far back and giving you whiplash after a collision.

Can't say I've experienced this issue - perhaps we have different driving positions. (I tend to like the seat back quite upright, but even so I don't feel the head rest unless I push my head back).

Is yours a Phase 2 SE SR? (I don't know if they made any changes to the seats/head rests in Phase 2 - other than the obvious additional 3rd head rest in the rear). Mine is a Phase 1 car.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 529 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back