Driver Side Grab Handle

jhunterwu

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, so MG cut cost by not installing grab handles on the driver side.

Are the holes still there?

I mean, can I install an aftermarket grab handle?;)

They might be for different lh and rh drive cars. Pop the headlining and take a look 👀

No, I've looked, there are no threaded holes, or even mounting metalwork behind the headliner at the drivers side, so unfortunately, no way to fit a grab handle
:(

I’m surprised that the holes are not there though for both LHD & RHD markets.
I was surprised too. I thought worse case, captive nuts would be missing from behind the mount holes but there's an additional pressing welded in to support the passenger side handle that is missing on the drivers side, so they are using a different roof structure for LHD & RHD cars!

I’m not a both hands on the wheel driver. I will be flamed for it but I think it’s unnecessary 🤪🤪🤪

I’m not a both hands on the wheel driver. I will be flamed for it but I think it’s unnecessary 🤪🤪🤪
Depends what you're doing with you spare hand. :LOL:
ooh matron.jpg

Pull down the rubber door seal and have a look behind the headlining trim, I would expect to see the captive fixings for one in place there. Is it to facilitate access/exit? You can get a handle that fits in the Door frame lock to allow you to support yourself getting in and out eg eBay item 131772454651

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210414-014905_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210414-014905_eBay.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 210
  • Screenshot_20210414-014850_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210414-014850_eBay.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 187
Pull down the rubber door seal and have a look behind the headlining trim, I would expect to see the captive fixings for one in place there. Is it to facilitate access/exit? You can get a handle that fits in the Door frame lock to allow you to support yourself getting in and out eg eBay item 131772454651
Wow, that device looks like a great way to mangle your door catch, or dent and scratch the bodywork surrounding it!

Why? I take it you have never had the need to use one, It is a properly designed mobility aid, it damages and scratches nothing, my Father used one with no issues to help get in and out of the car

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom