Drivers door window controls not working.

ChrisT

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
My drivers door windows controllers are not working.

The other doors work and the lights are on the controller but none of the buttons work.

The only thing I did that may have caused an issue was clean under the seat so not sure if any wires were caught but have done this before with no issue.

This may be a red herring but I had something similar, although in my case t was just the driver's window was stuck down. It turned out to be a water damaged rear reversing sensor that was corrupting the data bus.

I seem to remember there was a recall for the ZS EV for the wiring loom in the driver's door. I have an MG5 so I'm not certain, but I am pretty sure there was! It might be worth a search in the forum

Found it:
Going for my service next week and I want to be clued up as when I originally called them they had no idea that the EV needed software updates (this is a main MG dealer too!). I've since found out they have a new team so 'hopefully' better trained, however, they couldn't tell me if my car has already had a service or not, despite them being online now (As much as I'm all for moving online, there are some things which should be kept on paper!).

As far as I know, it has not had a service, it's a 2019 MG ZS EV on just over 22,000 miles. Are these the updates I should need? And can anyone give any more details such as; are the dates correct? How do I know if it's had the update (what does it fix?)?

Comfort 2 update (07/2020) – unlocked AC charging, range always on instrument pack, vehicle temp in instrument pack, volume maintained after powering off/switching back on.

SA0010 (08/2020)- HV fuse update

SA0015- (08/2020)- BMS update- 450v once charged (currently 455/456v- old BMS)

SA0016 (02/2020) – driver’s door wiring loom recall

SA0017 (07/2020) - Battery protection software update

SA0020 (15/06/21) – infotainment update: Reduce lag & improve responsiveness

Thanks.

I seem to remember there was a recall for the ZS EV for the wiring loom in the driver's door. I have an MG5 so I'm not certain, but I am pretty sure there was! It might be worth a search in the forum
Yeah you are 100% correct.
Some the early ZSEV’s did a have a service bulletin issued to replace and re-route the wiring loom in the drivers door.
The dealer can check against your reg / VIN number to see if your car is affected.
Our car was on the list and the loom was replaced at its first service.
It was the first car the dealer had done and they managed to shut the car completely down in the process.
It was stuck on a ramp for 3 days !.
Apparently if the key is close to the car while the loom is replaced, the car detects a theft attempt and sets of the alarm and then it scrambled the code in the key !.
MG Tech Team where involved in the fix.

My wife took the car this morning and when setting off the window buttons worked but after driving on the roads they stopped working?

I will check with the garage tomorrow.

My wife took the car this morning and when setting off the window buttons worked but after driving on the roads they stopped working?

I will check with the garage tomorrow.
I have just had this happen to my 69 plate ZS EV. Did you get a resolution from the garage?
It has also stopped my mirrors for retracting when locking.

I have just had this happen to my 69 plate ZS EV. Did you get a resolution from the garage?
In my case, it was a water damaged reversing sensor that needed replacing. I guess it is on the same data bus and the sensor was stopping the data signal for the window and wing mirror controls.

Hi I took my car in last week but they didn't have all parts sp still waiting.

Hi there
I just had the same problem.
Any advice?
There was a recall on the original ( Gen 1 ) early models of ZS EV's.
It was to replace and then re-route, the small wiring loom in the drivers door, this loom controls the electric windows etc etc.
If you call your dealers, they should be able to check if your car is affected by either the reg or the VIN number of the car.
Our previous ZS EV was in the first batch of 1,000 cars to get delivered and did have the loom replaced.
You could try the old 12 volt disconnect trick first, to see if it cures the problem.

The other doors work and the lights are on the controller but none of the buttons work.

The only thing I did that may have caused an issue was clean under the seat so not sure if any wires were caught but have done this before with no issue.
Hi Chris. I wonder did you solve the problem with the windows controllers ? I'm having the same problem and I want to ask how did you solved. I went to MG and there is a 3 month waiting list for a check up and see the problem. It will help if you know something I can do.
Regards.

There was a recall on the original ( Gen 1 ) early models of ZS EV's.
It was to replace and then re-route, the small wiring loom in the drivers door, this loom controls the electric windows etc etc.
If you call your dealers, they should be able to check if your car is affected by either the reg or the VIN number of the car.
Our previous ZS EV was in the first batch of 1,000 cars to get delivered and did have the loom replaced.
You could try the old 12 volt disconnect trick first, to see if it cures the problem.
Hi there. I'm having the same problem, but my car is a new version just over 4 months old. Don't understand why MG can sort this out. I'm tempting on buying a control replacement to se if maybe is the controller and not the wiring.

Hi did you ever sort this issue out. we have the same.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom