Driving warnings

Brivel

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Can anyone help please. My new MG5 EV LR has two driving warnings that my previous MG5 EV didn’t ( or I didn’t know about ) have.
They are a warning beep for Lane deviation and warning beep for speed v proximity to the vehicle ahead. Bot very useful but is there a way to cancel one or the other. Having looked in the main handbook I’m having difficulty in locating any instruction to switch either off.
Having had help with the BST change I’m finding the handbook isn’t very user friendly 🤔

Pressing the end of the indicator stalk will adjust the LKA mode. I find indicating to change lanes on the dual carriageway prevents it trying to fight you. The collision avoidance warning cannot be disabled from my understanding.

Having seen only 2 MG5's since September last year, I managed to see 3 in Romford last week. Most seem to be taxi's.

The lane deviation can be turned off with ready on in the car press the car symbol and the navigate to lane departure and put it to off 🙂

Pressing the end of the indicator stalk will adjust the LKA mode. I find indicating to change lanes on the dual carriageway prevents it trying to fight you. The collision avoidance warning cannot be disabled from my understanding.

Having seen only 2 MG5's since September last year, I managed to see 3 in Romford last week. Most seem to be taxi's.
You can't stop the collision warning as far as I know but there is a sensitivity option in the menu. 🙂

You can stop the collision warning (click the car icon below the infotainment system and swipe left; forward collision system is the last option), and set to ‘off’, but it sets itself back to ‘on’ each time you restart the car.

Hi, it might occasionally be useful - I was grateful of the collision warning the other day - I heard a police siren but wasn't sure where the police car was until the car in front slammed on the anchors when they overtook a car coming in the opposite direction. Here's a frame from the dashcam just as the warning sound started. It's quite a wide camera view but still must be 6 or so car lengths away but I still had to brake quite heavily. It's just possible to see the police car so I'm not sure if the MG detected the car infront stopping (brake light difficult to see in the bright sunlight) or the police car coming the opposite way. (It's a single carriageway, and until this we had all been going the same speed.)

Attachments

• Collision warning.jpg
    Collision warning.jpg
    435.3 KB · Views: 123
Hi, it might occasionally be useful - I was grateful of the collision warning the other day - I heard a police siren but wasn't sure where the police car was until the car in front slammed on the anchors when they overtook a car coming in the opposite direction. Here's a frame from the dashcam just as the warning sound started. It's quite a wide camera view but still must be 6 or so car lengths away but I still had to brake quite heavily. It's just possible to see the police car so I'm not sure if the MG detected the car infront stopping (brake light difficult to see in the bright sunlight) or the police car coming the opposite way. (It's a single carriageway, and until this we had all been going the same speed.)
Yes it simply detected the rapid closing distance between you and the car in front.
It's a computer and therefore very simple minded it doesn't think it just acts according to it's instructions.

Yes it simply detected the rapid closing distance between you and the car in front.
It's a computer and therefore very simple minded it doesn't think it just acts according to it's instructions.
If the car in front was a Volvo it would emergency brake when it saw the oncoming Police car - God help the car behind.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom