Easee One Home Charger query

Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi,

My mother-in-law is on Motability and is getting a Nissan Leaf and has had an Easee One Home Charger installed on the scheme. She should get her car by the end of the month. She wants to go on Octopus Go and charge at night.

I will helping her set up it. One question I have is about internet access. Her wifi signal is notably poor and it looks to me as if the Easee needs a wifi connection to work with its app.

Does anyone know if this is true and if there are any particular "gotchas" I need to look out for? Any general experiences with this charger?

I will be the local support person from now on!

Thanks,

Tom.

Not ignoring you, just have no experience with that particular charger, sorry.

I have one, it does need a Wi-Fi connection for the app, though I guess it would be possible to do any initial setup with your mobile hotspot or something then just ensure it’s set to always on and let it be, I.E plug in to use. Alternatively, put a Wi-Fi range extender somewhere near it, so you can then use the app for usage reporting (rather basic) or troubleshooting. I don’t think it’s strictly mandatory though, think it defaults to on after installation.

I had my Easee installed last year. Mine has a free e-SIM so wifi is not needed.

it works very well with Octopus Go. Set the schedule in the Easee App (not in the car or via the iSmart app). Plug the car in and touch the RFID wand on the charger to initiate the session. The charger will spring into life at 0030

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom