EDF Quote

gkay2021

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Just got quoted the figures below from EDF does anyone think either tariff seems reasonable based on market prices and expected increases in April.

My current variable rates are

Electricity
DSC - 27.40p
UR - 20.84p per KWH

Gas
DSC - 26.12p
UR - 4.010p per KWH

1642868550609.png

Wow, look at the termination fees.
Do you have smart and have you checked out Octopus Go rate?
Yeah have the correct smart meter that would work with octopus but they said based on annual estimates above my monthly DD on Octopus Go would be around £330!

If your going to go down the fixed tariff route at least do a £30 buy out like ovo or something just in case

What's the standing charge on your variable rate as you have to put into the equation

I got from there live tariffs on there website but I do believe you have to call them like most companies right now

I looked at Intelligent Octopus but don't have a tesla or Apple phone😆 more than happy with my MG5 and Oneplus phone.

To be fair they are adding more like ohme and wallbox to use any car and more car manufacturers

my advice, stick with what you have which is also what I am paying with EDF on the standard variable tariff to be reviewed in April whan price cap reviewed, I was paying with EDF go electric up until Nov 21 12.5 p electric and 3p gas per KW, so my cost will more than double to possibly 30p per KW for electric and 6p for gas

I see the the tariff expiry is 31 June 2024, which I am pretty sure will never occur :)
In the latest Pod Cast from Miles & Charlie from Rightcharge, he predicts that high energy prices are with us for about two years, then he thinks they will stabilise to figure a BIT closer to what we where seeing before it all went crazy !.
Only time will tell I guess.

In the latest Pod Cast from Miles & Charlie from Rightcharge, he predicts that high energy prices are with us for about two years, then he thinks they will stabilise to figure a BIT closer to what we where seeing before it all went crazy !.
We shall see….

Certainly before we see a 31st of June :)

Bulb
2 - 6 am 6.84p day rate 24.24p per unit, standing charge 26p per day.
Gone up a lot, does wind, sun, hydro and bio cost more, Bulb don't use electricity generated by gas

The government has agreed a deal with EDF to commission a new nuclear generating plant now I believe ?.
Ten years to late of course, but building it is going to take 10 years and a lot of money of course.
No wonder our energy prices have gone through the roof, we are paying for the bugger !.

As far as I see….

EV sales are increasing, increasing electricity demand

The government is pushing transfer from Gas/Oil to electric air/ground source heat pump, pushing up electricity demand.

Peak demand electricity is generated from Gas.

Russia is a major supplier of Gas to Europe.

Russia is flexing its muscle and not shy in choking its energy supplies as a bargaining chip if faced with sanctions, for instance if they inadvertently invaded old old soviet territory.

UK gas reserves are the lowest they have been for the last 10 years.

Forcing the West to impose sanctions, stopping Russian Gas supplies.

All Russia needs now is a hard European big freeze, pushing up demand for Russian Gas and Ukraine or Lithuania or Estonia, or Gôt island (sp?) gets a visit from little green men…..

and we are off to the races…..

For over 50 years British governments have been wringing their hands, no one wants a nuclear power station near them, and there is always a lot of people who don’t wind turbines, so we are were we are now.

Add to that the big push to get everybody on a smart meter, which enables time of use energy tariffs.

So my bet is energy, gas and elec charges will get silly, really silly over the next 3/6 months.

Hence getting three 8.2kWh batteries, I would be doing this sooner, but have to wait until the new house purchase is closed.

Lining up to put in 10 kWh solar if cheap rate electricity hits the ROI threshold.

it will get interesting and more than a little bumpy.

Sorry I threw some shade on this :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom